The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Thermostat and Thermometer Question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andyj Posted - 30/11/2010 : 22:33:19
I am still researching ahead of getting our corn snakes. Have decided to use a faun with a heat mat underneath. I think that the stat probe will be outside the faun on the heat mat and the thermometer probe will be inside at the warm end in the substrate (which is shallower at the warm end)

1. Is that correct?
2. Is it advisable to get a digital therm with two probes and have one at the cool end and one at the warm end or in a faun is regulating the warm end likely to be good enough?

Thanks in anticipation

Andy
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
andyj Posted - 01/12/2010 : 10:56:22
Excellent - thank you!
eeji Posted - 30/11/2010 : 22:50:28
quote:
Originally posted by andyj

I am still researching ahead of getting our corn snakes. Have decided to use a faun with a heat mat underneath. I think that the stat probe will be outside the faun on the heat mat and the thermometer probe will be inside at the warm end in the substrate (which is shallower at the warm end)

1. Is that correct?
yes thats correct - basically totally ignore any temperature setting on the stat and take the reading from the thermometer and adjust the stat to suit what that says

2. Is it advisable to get a digital therm with two probes and have one at the cool end and one at the warm end or in a faun is regulating the warm end likely to be good enough?
This is all down to personal preference, the warm end is the important one to set up correctly, the cool end usually just stays at room temperature unless you live anywhere particularly hot or cold

Thanks in anticipation

Andy

replies in red
Another great help for your research is a copy of 'Cornsnakes, The Comprehensive Owners Guide' by Kathy and Bill Love - Its contains loads of helpful information :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000