The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Can my 2 snakes meet?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dizzie85 Posted - 29/11/2010 : 16:37:28
Just something that I've wondered they're only little so no chance of breeding, they are male and female but I mean more would they react any to meeting each other, is there any benefits? Or even dangers??

Not something thats overpowering me to try I just wondered thats all when theyre bigger could I get them out together. I let Charlie go up and down the stairs (i've read they do good on excersize lol), Matildas a bit too fast for that but if it was safe to do so would be good to have them out on the stairs together when they're a little bigger save doing it twice.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jonoandapril Posted - 21/12/2010 : 19:00:02
my old pair used to live together with no problems, but i never had them out together purely down to not having enough hands/eyes to keep track of two adult corns at once!
herriotfan Posted - 30/11/2010 : 10:18:32
I'd be worried in case something went wrong. I couldn't forgive myself if anything nasty happened. Have a very serious think and just ask yourself how you would feel if anything did go wrong.
Sta~ple Posted - 30/11/2010 : 09:58:40
I'd say no even when they are adults unless someone else is going to be there to help you and keep an eye. In all the times my snakes have gone missing or "walkies" is because they were both out together, it's hard to control 2 adult snakes that want to go in different directions and you can only keep an eye out on where one head goes so they other head has a chance to pop anywhere and before you know it, they are in a good position that you can't pull them out XD and then the other does the same with another object in the room while you try and get the other one out
Katie.Dublin Posted - 30/11/2010 : 00:18:09
Mine are together. They're funny about the stairs though! i start them off on the middle step. Spunky goes straight up the banister, and Hugo goes down the steps lol. Every time without fail.
eeji Posted - 29/11/2010 : 21:54:08
as above, although once they're older chances are they'll pretty much ignore each other (unless your male has the horn!)
dizzie85 Posted - 29/11/2010 : 19:38:05
Thankyou for your reply,, just wondered that's all.. Amazing what questions snake related go through my head at night hehe.
SexyBear77 Posted - 29/11/2010 : 18:15:36
My advice is no. Corns are naturally solitary and would have no need to meet other snakes unless for breeding- they might even find it a little stressful.

I wouldn't say there are any benefits. A few risks (not dangers so to speak) mainly just stress, spread of illness, small chance they might strike at each other. These are very small risks, but imo should always be avoided

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000