The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 shy corn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lrv2307 Posted - 28/11/2010 : 08:35:50
Help!!

got my first corn on wed this week, and shes settling lovely (i think), she had her first feed from me on thurs evening, and then hid away.

its now sunday, id like to pick her up, but she shys away from me, and spends all her time in hiding, only coming out to have a little nose around and a drink

I have an RUB in the main viv, so she can feel safe in a smaller space if wanted. but hides under a piece of bark most of the time

is there anything im doing wrong?
would love to take some pics of her, but cant get her to come out ggrrr lol

shes a march 10 hatchling snow corn
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lrv2307 Posted - 30/11/2010 : 09:32:56
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

baby corns will spend most of their time hiding away so its nothing to worry about :)

Thanks again for the reasurance. just checked onher this morning, couldnt find her. but ive made sure there are no escape holes lol

she was having a good ol explore last night, was great to see her out and having a nose around
eeji Posted - 29/11/2010 : 21:55:42
baby corns will spend most of their time hiding away so its nothing to worry about :)
lrv2307 Posted - 29/11/2010 : 13:05:17
Hi Stotty
yep been watching her, and your right, she only ventures out in the evening. still a bit nervous i think,
but also taken some advice from another thread about putting one of my socks by the viv, so she gets used to my scent

thanks for the reasurance, im sure youve head all the worries before, and had them all before with your snakes
stotty01 Posted - 28/11/2010 : 10:49:52
also snakes have personality's as daft as it sounds xD some will be out and always wanting to come out, others may only come out at night :)
lrv2307 Posted - 28/11/2010 : 10:40:12
thanks very much for the info, will read the care sheet again

i change her water every day, and i know it sounds daft but she done her first poop lol

will do as advised and leave her quiet

thanks again
herriotfan Posted - 28/11/2010 : 10:17:55
It's still very early days. Have you read the caresheet, via the homepage? There's a lot of very good information on there. Also we normally follow the 7 day settling in period. No touching for 7 days, just change the water and check the substrate. That gives your little snake a chance to get used to the new sights, smells etc of it's new home without the stress of being too disturbed.
stotty01 Posted - 28/11/2010 : 09:43:24
my one is like that, just give it time and she will start coming out :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000