The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 red bulbs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 14/11/2010 : 16:09:29
Was just wondering if it is essential to have a red heat bulb or a standard heat bulb. Im not really sure of the difference?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
herriotfan Posted - 14/11/2010 : 19:01:32
quote:
Originally posted by stotty01

i have a red bulb as apparently they don't see/don't see red that well

That's what I was told too stotty01 and apparently it's the same with the green, yellow and blue bulbs.
I think they look quite effective and if they don't hurt the snakes eyes that's even better!
stotty01 Posted - 14/11/2010 : 18:21:20
i have a red bulb as apparently they don't see/don't see red that well
herriotfan Posted - 14/11/2010 : 17:10:47
quote:
Originally posted by Bindy2121

the light wouldnt bother me i just didnt know if it would bother my snake, thats the problem.

I use red or grren bulbs because I was told that an ordinary one could upset their eyes. Have no idea if this theory is correct but I prefer the red or green anyway!
gmac Posted - 14/11/2010 : 16:43:32
the other options you have is either ceramic or infra red lighting, but depends on what you want a heat/light source or purely as a heating source
n/a Posted - 14/11/2010 : 16:37:38
the light wouldnt bother me i just didnt know if it would bother my snake, thats the problem.
gmac Posted - 14/11/2010 : 16:31:03
quote:
Originally posted by Bindy2121

I just thought that they could not see the red bulb but the standard bulb they could. Didnt know if it would irritate them having it on all the time?

wouldnt use a white bulb myself, i couldnt put up with the light on all the time while red isnt just as bright.
n/a Posted - 14/11/2010 : 16:27:26
I just thought that they could not see the red bulb but the standard bulb they could. Didnt know if it would irritate them having it on all the time?
gmac Posted - 14/11/2010 : 16:25:38
other than the colour it will give off there is no difference to what heat bulb you use.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000