The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 My mate had a snake once and it kept lying nxt ...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sullysteve Posted - 09/11/2010 : 22:39:46
.... To him. So he too it to the vet etc......

Can anyone finish off the story that I hear every day by lying n*b eds.

People tell me this all the time that they have a mate who's snake did this .com

How many of you hear this story often? And how do u react ?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hillzi Posted - 14/11/2010 : 13:54:44
My reaction: Yawn.
Tiffany-x Posted - 14/11/2010 : 12:09:11
Haha, I know, its so stupid. I just asked my mum and she thinks its true too, but she believed me when I said its impossible. I dont understand how she told me its true when its obvious I know so much more than her, I know I am so far from an expert but I know far far more than her. Its so daft that she tries so hard to convince me, silly poohead! :P
Tiffany-x
sullysteve Posted - 14/11/2010 : 10:07:53
Tiff, that is wooooo funny! Would have been awsome if you had this thread to hand. It's like ....."READ THIS B*T*CH".

There are so many "FOS" people in the world!
Mort13 Posted - 14/11/2010 : 09:33:23
Heh,heh well if Mr Salesman has snakes I'd use them as a distraction tactic!!
Tiffany-x Posted - 14/11/2010 : 09:22:08
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Astounding that people believe it isn't it with all the information and wildlife documentaries there are,not even mentioning the thousands of snake owners that are a live and well!!

If people were exposed to snakes more I reckon these daft opinions would change. My mum for example has always been wary of snakes,but not daft enough to believe these stories.

She was really nervous about coming round when I first got Loki. Now though,she happily holds Loki and had her first hold of Falcor yesterday and she loves it!! She even watched Loki feed on Monday which totally took me by surprise as she's really sqeamish about things like that.

Awareness changes a lot,but there are always going to be people out there too stubborn and opinionated to listen to the facts unfortunately. Might make a *Warning,Snakes Live Here* sign and put it in my window,see if it puts off the salesmen lol

Sounds like the perfect idea, apart from if Mr Salesman has snakes. :P
Tiffany-x
Mort13 Posted - 14/11/2010 : 09:17:29
Astounding that people believe it isn't it with all the information and wildlife documentaries there are,not even mentioning the thousands of snake owners that are a live and well!!

If people were exposed to snakes more I reckon these daft opinions would change. My mum for example has always been wary of snakes,but not daft enough to believe these stories.

She was really nervous about coming round when I first got Loki. Now though,she happily holds Loki and had her first hold of Falcor yesterday and she loves it!! She even watched Loki feed on Monday which totally took me by surprise as she's really sqeamish about things like that.

Awareness changes a lot,but there are always going to be people out there too stubborn and opinionated to listen to the facts unfortunately. Might make a *Warning,Snakes Live Here* sign and put it in my window,see if it puts off the salesmen lol
Tiffany-x Posted - 14/11/2010 : 09:04:56
HELP MEEE! Omg, I went out with a couple of old friends last night, bad times. We were talking about snakes randomly cause one of them actually isnt scared, and then one of them said, what if it bites, then she said what if it strangles you, then the other said, well my mums friend... I tried to tell her sooo many times its not real and she kept going on and on in depth to this story, she was really having none of it. I told her its made up and she was like no its not even the vet said blah blah blah. I felt like getting really ****ed off and shouting but instead I just ignored her for 10 minutes while she went on and on telling me this story trying to convince me its real! I said the her a snake like that eat cute little bunny rabbits not people and she was like no its possible I know it is my mums friend told me. Jeez, made me so angry, but now I think its quite funny that people would believe it! xD
Tiffany-x
n/a Posted - 14/11/2010 : 02:54:51
my mom does things which really are the icing on the cake - she won't visit me, and when I go see her, she does a pat search on me and checks....and always is telling me that story!
mikeyd_26 Posted - 11/11/2010 : 23:24:34
LOL my OH dad is covinced its true and he read it in the paper! but his story is 1 nite its measuring her up the next nite she wakes up with the snake eating her up to her waist!
just another dumb urban legend!!
sullysteve Posted - 11/11/2010 : 21:44:11
Excellent link!
Morpheus Posted - 11/11/2010 : 18:17:07
Check this out, a useful website for this type of thing and here you'll see this very story..

http://www.snopes.com/critters/snakes/measured.asp

sullysteve Posted - 11/11/2010 : 18:08:33
haha, its made great convo!!
rachiepotatoe Posted - 11/11/2010 : 18:07:19
Lmao! I saw the title of this post and immediately thought 'oh jesus, another load of tripe'
But I was gladly suprised that you were also peed off with this story. It's very annoying!
drchino Posted - 10/11/2010 : 23:38:13
I offended someone by saying that the story was complete rubbish! Even after explaining why it was they still believed the person they heard the story from! Oh well, I guess some people just don't like to be wrong.
Figs Posted - 10/11/2010 : 21:42:43
its quite disturbing that my animal management college tutor believes that story...
Kehhlyr Posted - 10/11/2010 : 21:15:50
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

I got told the same story. I just said it probably wasn't sizing her up to eat her, it was to find out if it could mate with her since it had gone off it's food lol.

I'm so gonna correct people with that.
kdlang Posted - 10/11/2010 : 20:50:47
I got told the same story. I just said it probably wasn't sizing her up to eat her, it was to find out if it could mate with her since it had gone off it's food lol.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 10/11/2010 : 18:48:00
I think just about everybody has a friend of a friend who this happened too. Its crazy just how many people actually believe it.
stotty01 Posted - 10/11/2010 : 17:37:54
yeah heard this stupid story loads of times...all my friends say it will eat me then when 'the brave ones' come round and let them handle it they say its cute and it wont eat me......now some girl at my school is getting a pair of corns after comming into the shop the over day and according to her friends it is going to eat her....OH DEAR!!!
bigal Posted - 10/11/2010 : 16:36:09
Yep been there heard that. You can just imagine in the wild the snake creeping up on prey and laying next to it to make sure it's the right size to eat !!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000