The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Feeding Question.....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Morpheus Posted - 07/11/2010 : 13:11:54
When I have waited for 7-days... the time for a first feed comes:

I've been advised to feed him in a seperate enclosure but also not to handle him for 48-hours after a feed so...

1, Do I feed him and leave hime for 48-hours in the seperate area?

or

2, Do I feed him and then move him straight back to his normal enclosure? (This would mean handling him or am I taking it to literally)?

Thanks in anticipation...
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
herriotfan Posted - 07/11/2010 : 16:32:52
I feed in a seperate rub out of the viv. I just gently lift mine back when their meal has gone down. I remember asking the same question with my first snake!
tehbunneh Posted - 07/11/2010 : 14:46:53
I feed all my lads in a different tub, and just gently slide them back into their enclosures once their food goes down a bit. I don't handle them at all, just sit the ice cream tub in their boxes and tilt up a bit to slide. Ripley is the worst for trying to stay in the box though, thinking he will get another mouse if he does, I think! He's a cheeky bugger!
gingerpony Posted - 07/11/2010 : 14:38:42
and just to add, i'd leave him for at least 10 mins after he's finished his meal before attempting to put him back. this gives him time to work the food doown to his stomach and also come down from feeding mode
gingerpony Posted - 07/11/2010 : 14:30:52
tbh youngsters that are on kitchen roll/towel as substrate i feed in their tub as there is no risk of ingestion.
it you do want to feed in a separate tub (which can help prevent viv defensiveness, ingesting sustrate or accidentally being bitten) picking them up and putting them straight back into their enclosure is fine, the 'no handling' is regarding a handling session/play time
lotabob Posted - 07/11/2010 : 13:41:33
You feed and then move back as soon as the mouse/lump is at the snakes stomach, just be gentle if you have to handle him or if the other tub is small enough to be put into your normal enclosure do that and tilt it to allow the snake to leave by himself. Just avoid jolting the snake or putting pressure on its stomach.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000