The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Mouse to Poop question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lucyloop Posted - 02/11/2010 : 12:43:25
Hi guys,

How long is it between eating the mouse and pooping? Just wondered as its been 3 days and wondered if there was an average!!

Thanks

Lucy
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 02/11/2010 : 21:19:59
Welcome to the crapped on club.
lucyloop Posted - 02/11/2010 : 21:16:33
ok question answered - Tiko has just taken a MASSIVE poop, on my lap!!!! right between my legs so it looked like I had had an accident, that was 4 days and 3 hours!!! I stink!! off for a shower!!! ps. He also did a massive fart noise whilst he was doing it so he is definately a boy. Is it weird I am proud!!!??
n/a Posted - 02/11/2010 : 18:29:16
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:
Originally posted by Lee2907

quote:

quote:

Hello,
my snake often goes afew weeks between 'going' but is feeding well & appears to be very healthy, any suggestions ?

Does it sleep at the cold end after eating?

Hi Sta-ple
yes he does go to the cold end hideaway after a feed
Lee

This would be why it takes her a bit longer :). I have a one that loves the cold end and she will go there after feeding and it will take her about a week to poo. If she's at the warm end after a meal, she poos 2/4 days after eating. Warm tummies mean faster digestion.

Thanks Sta-ple
You have put my mind at rest
Cheers
Lee
n/a Posted - 02/11/2010 : 18:26:17
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hello,
my snake often goes afew weeks between 'going' but is feeding well & appears to be very healthy, any suggestions ?

Thanks Sta-ple,
You have put my mind at rest.
Cheers
Lee

Hi Sta-ple
Lee

This would be why it takes her a bit longer :). I have a one that loves the cold end and she will go there after feeding and it will take her about a week to poo. If she's at the warm end after a meal, she poos 2/4 days after eating. Warm tummies mean faster digestion.

Sta~ple Posted - 02/11/2010 : 18:03:32
quote:

quote:

quote:

Hello,

Hi Sta-ple
Lee

n/a Posted - 02/11/2010 : 15:56:23
quote:

quote:

Hello,

Hi Sta-ple
Lee
cornaking Posted - 02/11/2010 : 15:49:22
mines both go at different times, Scarpetta eats 2 fuzzies a time and usually takes about 3 days to poop whereas Ozzy took 4 days with his pinkie.

I reckon as long as theres a healthy cycle of eating pooping and shedding regularly it is a very individual thing
herriotfan Posted - 02/11/2010 : 15:41:00
It can vary from snake to snake. I'd guess that most of them tend to go between 2 days to a week after eating.
Sta~ple Posted - 02/11/2010 : 15:15:38
quote:

Hello,

n/a Posted - 02/11/2010 : 13:22:46
Hello,
drchino Posted - 02/11/2010 : 13:10:50
Usually my snake goes 3-4 days after eating but then other times she'll save one up for just after I've cleaned!

It usually takes about 2 days to digest so it's still early days if its been 3 days since eating. Nothing to worry about.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000