The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Help please!! Heat mat problems!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
J6pkp Posted - 01/11/2010 : 18:22:33
Hi all. I've just noticed Anbers heat mat is not working as it should. The therm is having to come on every 20 seconds or so and it's just not getting warm!!
Obviously it's too late to replace, but what do I do for time being? Will it harm her straight away???
Please help!
P
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 01/11/2010 : 21:30:57
You might not feel it getting warm because of your hand. If it's on for 20 seconds, how long is it off for?
gingerpony Posted - 01/11/2010 : 19:58:49
i've deleted your duplicate thread on this issue.

what sort of thermostat is it? and where are your thermometer and stat probes placed?
elament Posted - 01/11/2010 : 19:15:47
Get the thermostat probe and attach it to the thermometer probe (assuming you have a digital thermometer) with rubber bands. Then put both probes on the surface of the heatmat then adjust the temp accordingly. If your heatmat still isnt functioning then get a new one tomorrow assuming your snake hasnt fed in the last 48hours it shouldnt be a problem.

cheers

steve
sullysteve Posted - 01/11/2010 : 18:41:36
Have you had the temp probe fixed to the mat and if so, what temp does it average with the mat.
My stat is on and off at the min due to the ambient room temp dropping for winter..

What i would say, its prob safer to just get a new one to be on the safe side and who knows, if your current one is working fine, it would be a perfect excuse to home another corn!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000