The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 A night of firsts

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lotabob Posted - 31/10/2010 : 18:54:24
I gave Spot a large Pinkie just to use the last one up (he's been on fuzzies for 2 weeks but no point wasting it) he smelled and then he struck at it as I was tweezering it into the tub, he let go almost straight away but wow it was so fast. Then he made another slower grab and tried pulling it out the tweezers, I wasnt quick enough letting go so he let go again. Anyway I lay the mouse in and he then decided to eat it rear end first, I know its nothing to worry about and to be honest he didnt do a bad job of it.
It also confirmed to me that he is at fuzzy stage; as he was eating he positioned his body next to the pinkie and he was a good bit bigger at his biggest point than the pinkie was and a minute or two after swallowing the mouse there was barely no bump at all so its fuzzies all the way now.

I hope feeding time never gets boring because I just love to watch him eat, and he is a lazy non constricting snake, I can only hope one day he figures that out.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 02/11/2010 : 13:39:13
my corn watches me through the glass too, he is very inqisitive of what is happening around him & it is great to watch, they do have great character.
lotabob Posted - 01/11/2010 : 22:26:48
Oh I couldn't pick a favourite bit because I love handling him too. In fact I love checking the temp levels (high/low) when I come in from work, or most times I leave the room for any length of time, the way the nosey git comes out to see what I'm doing when I change his water, getting a strange feeling of been watched so looking at the viv and having him looking through the glass at me, opening the door and him slithering out onto my hand. I would say the only bit so far I have not enjoyed was getting crapped on right between the fingers, though it could have been worse.
herriotfan Posted - 01/11/2010 : 21:36:12
I love watching mine feed too.
drchino Posted - 01/11/2010 : 12:07:57
I don't think I could ever get bored of feeding time! I wish it could be more than once a week! At least I've got a gecko that I can watch eat crickets twice a week in the mean time.
n/a Posted - 01/11/2010 : 09:29:30
My Corn is a lazy feeder which is a suprise as he has lived free for 18 months, he will only eat when left alone with no lights on in the room. Feeding time is one of the best bits of keeping him though.
gingerpony Posted - 01/11/2010 : 07:34:47
feeding time is definitely still a highlight for me, particularly if i've got awkward feeders in that do take a meal.

some of my corns have 'grown into' constricting and my 17 year old corn will strike feed now and is a lot more enthusiatic at feed times since he's been on his diet lol
lotabob Posted - 31/10/2010 : 20:52:33
I think Spot had a 'what now' moment when I still had hold of the mouse. It just amazes me every single time how their jaws work and you can see the joint right at the back of the head and the grab and pull technique they use and how each jaw part can and does move independently. I also think the look on their face just after is hilarious, non of their jaw section quite line up and it makes them look so dopey.

I've the snake bug, I was at the reptile shop yesterday and was looking at hatchling amels and was just so tempted, they were tiny, even smaller than Spot was when I got him. He is growing So fast its incredible and everytime I handle him its just a joy, he's so calm, and easy going and getting very comfortable living here.
kdlang Posted - 31/10/2010 : 19:57:57
I'm still not bored of watching them eat. It will never cease to amaze me how they manage to swallow it down.

I wouldn't worry about them being non-constricting. One day they will just go for it and it will happen before you can blink. Both of my butters have only just started constricting and they are over a year old. Carmellia made me laugh last time cos she managed to flip herself over on her back, coiled around her first fuzzy and just froze as if to say "ok! wot do I do now" lol
JackHutchy979 Posted - 31/10/2010 : 19:50:15
I thought thy exact thing earlier when I was feeding Slither. I had only one pinky left so I give it to him and almost no real bump. Fuzzies next time.
Slither is lazy aswel no constriction but c'est la vie.
Such as life.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000