The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 should i get back into corns?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 29/10/2010 : 13:34:11
I had 4 corns previously and sold them to set up a massive tropical fish tank a few years ago. I am currently thinking about getting 2 or 3 hatchlings again as have more time or my hands. My wife is concerned that it is just another fad that won't last for long?
What do you reckon, should I go for it again. I see plenty for sale even down here in deepest darkest Cornwall!
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 30/10/2010 : 20:42:42
hi

i am getting a snake for chrismas i also have a fish tank (my mum is kind and letting me have both) i had a ropefish they look just like snakes but live in water but they will eat anyfish that it can fit into its mouth. i fed mine prawns and i seen him eat one and he curls around it kinda and eats it just like a snake. but just like snakes they will find anyhole and jump out of the tank which mine did while i was away.
smiffy89 Posted - 30/10/2010 : 16:24:27

it sounds to me as you miss your old snakes but unless your commitment is 110% i would wait plus i cant understand from what is stated on your post why you sold your snakes in the first place money can be saved and space can allways be made and this is by no means at dig at you as we all are guilty of similar things from time to time i just hope you make the right decision for you and your critters

Sta~ple Posted - 30/10/2010 : 15:53:30
Did/will you be selling the fish? If your questioning getting snakes then it doesn't sound like your committed... yet...
elament Posted - 30/10/2010 : 15:02:34
what about getting some senegal bichirs instead. Thas the nearest thing the fish world has to offer to a snake fascinating to watch but they do get big and are not what you could call a community fish as they will eat everything that will fit in their mouths lol. I cant imagine selling my snakes to be honest. I can say hand on heart with ridiculous money worries that someone could step in my house tomorrow and offer me no amount of money regardless to sell my snakes they are a part of my family. It would be like selling me son. If you decide to buy another snake I'd make it one this time and see how you get on.
lotabob Posted - 29/10/2010 : 21:11:44
If you even have to ask you have doubts. I would say NO snakes until your 100% committed.
cornaking Posted - 29/10/2010 : 19:46:04
I would agree try 1 to start with
Katie.Dublin Posted - 29/10/2010 : 14:25:09
Yeah prolly better starting with just the one!
SexyBear77 Posted - 29/10/2010 : 14:18:35
If you sold your corns to set up the fishtank, are you sure you won't want to do the same with your new ones in the future?

Spend some time thinking about it, and if you do decide to get back into them, I would recommend you start off with just one for a while and see how it goes.
herriotfan Posted - 29/10/2010 : 13:51:37
Only you know if this is just a 'passing fad' or a true longing. Have you still got all the equipment or will you have to buy it all again? The cost of setting up again needs consideration. What will your wife think to sharing her food freezer with mice? Did she approve of your snakes before? You need to take her feelings into account. Do a pros and cons list. Let us know what you decide and why.....
FiestaSTLou Posted - 29/10/2010 : 13:51:14
id say if you know its not gna be a fad and you will dedicate time to looking after and loving them then go for it :) a snakes for life.. not just for xmas ;) hehe

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000