The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Feeding guide for 19 week old corn snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 27/10/2010 : 11:51:23
Hi Guys I wonder if you could help me with a guide to how many pinkies I should be feeding a 19wk old corn snake (14inches long.

The reptile shop said one small a week but upon talking to my friend who has kept corns before said at that size and age it should be on 2 small ones a week.

Thanks for all you help on this matter
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 31/10/2010 : 16:45:00
Cheers Elament will do, im going give him 48hrs peace
elament Posted - 31/10/2010 : 14:28:31
Yep congrats just remember no handling now for 48hours to give him time to digest his meal then start off with your handling a little at a time

good luck !

steve
chrish Posted - 30/10/2010 : 23:15:46
Congrats on the feed!
n/a Posted - 30/10/2010 : 23:13:30
First feed went well Jasper had a good smell of the pinkie in his rub (I put a coconut hide in as well) went into his hide then sneaked up behind and tagged it, Much more happier now I know that he takes food ok, thanks people for the advice put it all into practice and it worked perfect.
elament Posted - 28/10/2010 : 15:36:12
no worries we all start somewhere you are just lucky you got this forum as when i started i didnt even know it existed :)
n/a Posted - 28/10/2010 : 15:13:42
Thanks Elament I will leave him for a week to get settled in and take the handling slowly thanks again for the advice it has all been a great help for me as I am a complete newbie to snake ownership.
elament Posted - 28/10/2010 : 11:46:33
he will be fully investigating his new home right now so may well be very active. Soon he will learn where all his hides are (i assume you have two one on the warm side and one on the cold). It will take him a while to associate his new home with safety which is why its important you lesve him too it. After a week has gone then you can start introducing yourself to him without it stressing him out to much. Keep the first handles down to a minimum (just a few mins) and gradually build it time wise.
n/a Posted - 27/10/2010 : 13:18:23
Thanks for your advice it has been a great help, I have not handled him yet but he seems so interested on what is going on that it is tempting to get him out.
herriotfan Posted - 27/10/2010 : 12:32:09
As above ^^ leave him to settle for a week before you touch him or feed him.
Also make sure you leave him alone for 48 hours after every feed to give him time to digest his meal or he could regurge and that's not good for him. Ok.
elament Posted - 27/10/2010 : 12:26:16
I would personally let him settle in for a week with no handling or feeding. Believe me snakes can go a hell of a long time without food so a few more days wont kill him. Then maybe try him on two and see about moving up a size in a few weeks if he gets on with two ok
n/a Posted - 27/10/2010 : 12:13:29
I will try the two pinkies and see how it goes, first feed due tonight as he only arrived yesterday and his last feed was wednesday last week at the repitle shop....fingers crossed all goes well, thanks for advice.
rachiepotatoe Posted - 27/10/2010 : 12:07:30
Theres not really a strict guide like when theyre so long feed them this much
It can differ for different snakes really
You can always try your snake on two pinkies to see if it takes them both, if he does, great if not give it a little longer
At 19 weeks that like 4 months or something? he could probably manage two I think :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000