The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 feeding advice

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
princess Posted - 21/10/2010 : 20:09:35
Hi there i am going to attemp to feed fire tonight. Its the first time for me to feed so is there any pointers i have to do as i dont want her to eat my hand Ash normally takes charge in feeding all the snakes but i just wanna get in there as hes working late tonight but i wont feed whiskey or his boa's as they are to big and aggressive feeders

Any suggestions on how to attempt this will be helpful
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 25/10/2010 : 15:17:23
quote:
Originally posted by welshbear

if you ever have tuble with him feeding i did this when i had a python and there tricky use a hot water bottle defrost them and use warm water in the water bottle keep turning it use ur hand when its warm to tuch try, if you hold the miuce so it looks like its warking and wiggle it, i did same thin when teaching babys snakes what dinner is hope this helps

This makes no sence at all but thanks for your reply but I don't use waterbottle with my snakes there is a lot more easier ways ..
n/a Posted - 25/10/2010 : 01:08:18
if you ever have tuble with him feeding i did this when i had a python and there tricky use a hot water bottle defrost them and use warm water in the water bottle keep turning it use ur hand when its warm to tuch try, if you hold the miuce so it looks like its warking and wiggle it, i did same thin when teaching babys snakes what dinner is hope this helps
princess Posted - 23/10/2010 : 18:30:53
yep u shud lol
hiper2009 Posted - 23/10/2010 : 11:28:11
Lol well done hunny , I will leave you a guide for next week but think may have to skip fire's feed due to her eating two pinks she has now gone in to shed and i don't have a problem with the corns eating while in shed but don't want you to feed her while in blue as she might get a lil nasty so rather you wait until she comes out of shedd then you can feed her , it won't harm her one bit if she skips one meal.
princess Posted - 23/10/2010 : 11:08:56
quote:
Originally posted by stotty01

i would of said take it out as well but remembered you were a little anxious getting it out

I agree

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I would also say next time, snake too food, not food to snake, that's how you get bit x.x

Your right me thinks

quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

tell Ash to leave detailed instructions for you next time hun

I told him to but he was late for work and must have forgot but from now on he said he will leave insrtuctions not that i think i will need it for Fire now that i know what im kind of doing hehe

quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Actually sometimes a snake without a strike reflex with feeding is perfect for getting to grips with feeding.
I fed my corn by hand yesterday, she's got a helluva feeding response and strike reflex normally, but I was actually quite surprised at her accuracy for food and gentleness in striking for the food.

No way am i touching the pinky with my hand and feeding it will most probly bite my hand in the process hehe
Kehhlyr Posted - 22/10/2010 : 23:09:36
Actually sometimes a snake without a strike reflex with feeding is perfect for getting to grips with feeding.
I fed my corn by hand yesterday, she's got a helluva feeding response and strike reflex normally, but I was actually quite surprised at her accuracy for food and gentleness in striking for the food.

gingerpony Posted - 22/10/2010 : 20:25:05
tell Ash to leave detailed instructions for you next time hun
Sta~ple Posted - 22/10/2010 : 20:23:55
I would also say next time, snake too food, not food to snake, that's how you get bit x.x
stotty01 Posted - 22/10/2010 : 19:41:22
i would of said take it out as well but remembered you were a little anxious getting it out
princess Posted - 21/10/2010 : 20:42:31
quote:
Originally posted by stotty01

open the door the tiniest bit and put your tongs with the pinkie on then just let it take it :) of just open and put it in there it will soon find it :)

Thank you took your advice and she gobbled two pinkys down her with a strike and coil , but the strike scared me hehe
princess Posted - 21/10/2010 : 20:40:18
quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18

Just be careful about substrate - maybe move her into a seperate box? Has the benefit of her associating being fed with being in a seperate box and wont be as likely to bite if picked up from her viv/Box!

Oscar

Hiya Oscar thanks for that and i will, she has just gobbled 2 pinkys with nice coils . My partner knows you he has you on facebook are you from the rainbow forum .
oakleyman18 Posted - 21/10/2010 : 20:34:02
Just be careful about substrate - maybe move her into a seperate box? Has the benefit of her associating being fed with being in a seperate box and wont be as likely to bite if picked up from her viv/Box!

Oscar
stotty01 Posted - 21/10/2010 : 20:29:38
open the door the tiniest bit and put your tongs with the pinkie on then just let it take it :) of just open and put it in there it will soon find it :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000