The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Humidity/skin shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 21/10/2010 : 14:31:14
Hi all. can anyone tell me what the humidity should be inside the viv? I have just got my first corn snake (Clive) and not sure what the average temperatures should be at, people telling me all different thing!

Thanks

***moved from Intros to General Keeping by GP***
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rachiepotatoe Posted - 21/10/2010 : 18:26:55
Like the others say you don't really need to alter humidty
You can add a box with damp moss in to increase the humidity slightly, or place the water bowl over the heat pad for abit when they are about to shed to help a little, but it's not always necessary.
My corn sheds fine without any increased humidity at all so you'll probably be fine just leaving it and just make sure your temps are right :)
gingerpony Posted - 21/10/2010 : 15:31:27
as per DB's response normal UK room humidity is fine and the vast majority of keepers don't monitor it or do anything to change it (me included), if you use orchid bark as substrate though you're better off baking it to dry it out and kill any nasty beasties

corns should have a temperature gradient which may be the reason for the confusion, ambient room temp for the cool end and a warm end at 27-30*C, most of mine are at about 28*C but personal preference (of the snakes') also comes into it and it does depend on the temp being measured correctly
DannyBrown91 Posted - 21/10/2010 : 15:14:43
Natural room humidity is fine, as for temperatures 27-29c is ideal in the warm end.

Do you have a thermostat to control temps and a thermometer to monitor them?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000