The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Shes gone

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Paul82 Posted - 19/10/2010 : 15:24:11
Im very sad, ive lost midnight and ive looked every where, ive looked at other topics and followed all the advice, bottle traps to looking for a contac lens ( if u kno what i mean) but no luck and its been 10 days now, all i can think is may be she got under the carpet and down under the floor boards, we got small holes where old rad pipes were.

ive got small bowls of water in each room and put flower down around them but no tracks so far so do i just wait now and see if she turns up like u do here sof sometimes, shes only 6 months old, how long could she servive for ?

im so gutted and supset
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 19/10/2010 : 15:34:10
I am SO SORRY to hear about that. How did it happen? Mine got away one night by pushing the lid open on the enclosure, but fortunately I recovered her 12 hours later.
Have you tried spot light hunting for her at night? If you haven't turn ALL the lights off in your flat and search with just a spot light, flash light ect,. I have read that corns even hatchlings can go a month without feeding. Older ones have gone five to six months before being found, and they were fine. I hope this ordeal is quick for you my friend. Keep laying plastic shopping bags around along the baseboards, lay lines of flour at the doorways of each room and hope for signs of movement.
Aries actually went into a very small hole in my bathroom wall and ended up coming out in the laundry room, totally different from where she entered. Just hang in there, be vigilant, and be alert. Tune your ears at night for the slightest noise hopefully from your shopping bag traps.
hiper2009 Posted - 19/10/2010 : 15:32:07
Sorry to hear about that , You could check in all dark places and all warm places , snakes can climb anything so check places that you would not even think to look. A snake can last a long period with out food but if it don't have water it can die i belive so.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000