The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Lighting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 19/10/2010 : 12:15:39
Just wondering if I could use a normal household light fitting in a viv with a low energy household light bulb and guard of course. We have a 3ft viv which has a 2ft uv strip light in but I find that it keeps the vivs air temps quite warm all over near 80. Wondered if a normal light bulb placed at the same end of the heat mat would just give off enough heat to warm the air slightly. With no light on air temps drop to mid to high 60's at night and hover around 70 during the day. The Heat mat reads a temp of 83 directly on top of it. Thanks
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 19/10/2010 : 15:17:24
My temps are very similar to yours. Currently all I can use is a 80watt bulb that sits on top of a glass lid for my enclosure (also made of glass) and I have one heat mat. I see that Aries often moves around the tank through out the day. When the temp dips down at night I see her every morning laying ontop of the heat mat which is cover by a hide of course. So I agree you are fine until you upgrade which is what I'm waiting for. Snakie knows what to do....
herriotfan Posted - 19/10/2010 : 13:10:43
As long as you are using the heat mat your snake won't need extra heat. Your temps are fine.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000