The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Housing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 17/10/2010 : 01:11:36
Hi i Am new to thus fourm and I was just wondering what people thought on using large storage box to house a corn snake and won't the heatpad melt the plastic
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 18/10/2010 : 20:43:30
Hey thankyou so much for all your help I should be gettin my snake in the next month I will post pics :)
herriotfan Posted - 17/10/2010 : 12:26:26
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
If you use a plastic tub don't forget to make air holes!!
There is a 101 Guide 'sticky' on the forum on how to set up a home for both hatchling and adult snakes. I'm no good at doing links (computer idiot ) but you could look via the search.
Or maybe some very kind person who knows how will do it for you!!
Mort13 Posted - 17/10/2010 : 10:49:35
Hi. Thermostats come with 3 cables attached. One has a plug for sticking into you mains,the other a single socket extension lead which you plug the heat mat into and the third has a probe which you lie above the heat mat. That way you can control the temperature,you'll also need a digital thermometer to get your temperature readings (just tie the thermostat and thermometer together with an elastic band and hey presto.
Hope that makes sense

Got my matstat from here,its a good deal:
http://www.bluelizardreptiles.co.uk/reptileheating/thermostats/5027407002494
gmac Posted - 17/10/2010 : 03:00:50
pulse stats are the better ones to use probably a habistat for brand, but matstats both microclimate and habistat are suitable but not quite as good as pulse stats.

sneaky edit to say welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 17/10/2010 : 02:52:03
Is there a certain one you would recomend
n/a Posted - 17/10/2010 : 02:42:13
Ok thank you again I will look into them more
gmac Posted - 17/10/2010 : 02:34:40
Thermostats control the temperature of your heatmat. Yes they are essential as heatmats can and do reach very high temperatures without being controlled, causing severe health issues with your corn like severe burning and possibly even death. Best spending a few quid on a stat than spending hundreds on vet bills.
n/a Posted - 17/10/2010 : 02:27:59
Thank you and one thing that is still confusing me Is the thermostat thing lol what do I do with it and do I reallly need one I have a heat pad already
gmac Posted - 17/10/2010 : 02:07:32
many people use plastic boxes for housing corns quite happily, they also will not melt should you use a thermostat to control the heat, a thermostat is necessary anyway no matter what you use to house your corn.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000