The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 he fed! (pics)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
clintham Posted - 15/10/2010 : 22:23:23
tonight was cassius's first feed with me. i am glad to say it went like a dream. he took 2 pinkies really easily. he shed yesterday so hes looking great. really pleased

the only thing is, after he swallowed 2 pinkies, his body didnt look much fatter at all - i couldnt really see a bulge. but when he was swallowing/eating, it looked like his mouth was opening really wide.

maybe he is on his way to a bigger food size?

i got some pics to show. i have video too but i havent downloaded it from my camera yet.

also, in pic 6 i have spotted a pink patch on his lower jaw. any idea what this is? it cant be seen normally, i only saw it when he ate.

17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 19/10/2010 : 16:08:13
Loki's about 4/4 and a half months I think. How old is Cassius?
n/a Posted - 19/10/2010 : 15:37:47
quote:
Originally posted by clintham

how old are aries and loki?

Aries was born in June so about 5 months. Took her first fuzzy like a champ. It looked very similar to her two pinkie feed (her belly afterwards).
clintham Posted - 19/10/2010 : 15:32:48
how old are aries and loki?
n/a Posted - 19/10/2010 : 15:13:33
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

I'm no expert but going from the answers I've had about feeding it sounds like she's most likely big enough for fuzzies.
Think giving them doubles first is the norm though. Read that it prepares their stomachs as its a bigger meal but still slim (may be wrong there though) but it does give you a chance to see if she's still hungry after the one pinky.
Loki had his second double pinkie feed today and did really well again which has given me the confidence to try him with a fuzzy next time.

Good job Loki! Sounds like Loki is right at the same age as Aries. I just fed Aries one fuzzy this past Saturday and she did great! Let us know how yours goes.
n/a Posted - 19/10/2010 : 15:11:46
quote:
Originally posted by J6pkp

Hi all, just a quickie, Amber is 4.5 months old now, and I feed her a pinkie each week, my worry is she doesn't look very 'big'.
A pinkie is roughly a little narrower than her widest part. Should I double up or move to the next ones?
Thank you

I would say double up for a couple feedings see how that goes then re-evaluate for a fuzzy
Mort13 Posted - 19/10/2010 : 13:15:45
I'm no expert but going from the answers I've had about feeding it sounds like she's most likely big enough for fuzzies.
Think giving them doubles first is the norm though. Read that it prepares their stomachs as its a bigger meal but still slim (may be wrong there though) but it does give you a chance to see if she's still hungry after the one pinky.
Loki had his second double pinkie feed today and did really well again which has given me the confidence to try him with a fuzzy next time.
J6pkp Posted - 19/10/2010 : 12:16:30
Hi all, just a quickie, Amber is 4.5 months old now, and I feed her a pinkie each week, my worry is she doesn't look very 'big'.
A pinkie is roughly a little narrower than her widest part. Should I double up or move to the next ones?
Thank you
n/a Posted - 17/10/2010 : 15:35:49
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Well done Aries! Glad it went well for you both

Thanks! I hope that your first fuzzy feeding goes well also. I took a video with a cell phone cam. Maybe I can get it posted. He did eat it tail first though
herriotfan Posted - 17/10/2010 : 12:29:12
You could just feed him 2 pinkies each time until you've used up your supply then move him up. No point in wasting the remaining pinkies unless you're getting another hatchling to feed!!!!!
Mort13 Posted - 17/10/2010 : 10:38:28
Well done Aries! Glad it went well for you both
I too went the pet shop yesterday,I decided to buy some fuzzies so I could take them home and compare them to Loki's size before trying him with them (yeah,I know I sound like an over protective mum!!)
The woman there rooted through the fuzzies and poicked out 5 smaller ones for me and I'm thinking he should be ok. Got another few pinkies left though so will use them up first.
n/a Posted - 17/10/2010 : 03:21:59
After taking Aries to the reptile shop today to find out if it was a boy or girl, which its a girl, I asked the guy if he thought Aries could go to a fuzzy yet because I had fed her two pinks and she had shed since then. ( I know shedding and feeding to not go hand in hand) He did say that she could handle smaller fuzzies and showed me that there were variations in the sizes. He gave me the skinner and longer fuzzy to try. Aries took it like a champ tonight with no problems at all. I was quite pleased. Rushing her into a bigger size wasn't really what I had on my mind but rather if she would be able to handle it. Hope that makes sense. Once it was in her belly it looked just like it would have if she had eatin 2 pinks. I guess its just about up to the owner (with of course proper thickness of the snake) when to try the next size up.
drchino Posted - 16/10/2010 : 19:56:59
Great pics and a great looking snake!
crazy JJ Posted - 16/10/2010 : 16:24:55
naww he is lookin good :D
Sta~ple Posted - 16/10/2010 : 11:42:29
He's gorgeous!
clintham Posted - 16/10/2010 : 09:46:47
stacii - thanks for the info

i think cassius will have atleast 2 more feeds on pinkies before i even think about moving him up. this was his first feed with me and im in no rush to move up to fuzzies.
n/a Posted - 16/10/2010 : 02:59:11
Mine also had two pinkies and has since shed. I wonder when is a good time to push him up to a fuzzy? We'll find out for sure everyone is helpful on here. I have a fuzzy in the freezer but might go with two pinks tomorrow.
Stacii Posted - 16/10/2010 : 00:25:54
great pics!

the pink "patch" is basically where the jaw has "released" to accomodate eating things whole

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000