The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 30x30x30 terrarium. when can he move?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
boogles Posted - 15/10/2010 : 20:16:06
Buzz is about 1ft11. when can i move him into a bigger terrarium? hes in a faun at the minute. The terrarium is the same width, is a bit deeper and twice as tall?

cheers
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boogles Posted - 17/10/2010 : 16:09:06
ok, thinking beech chips will give a more natural look than aspen. what size exo terra viv would give me he most time out of it without freaking him out?
herriotfan Posted - 15/10/2010 : 21:06:17
Sand can get under their scales and cause problems. It can also irritate the eyes.
If you look on the caresheet, via the homepage, it gives you advise on the substrates for cornsnakes. If that's the one you mean that hasn't mentioned sand it could be because it really isn't a suitable medium for cornsnakes!
The exoterra terrarium that you're looking at is really not that big. As pointed out by rachiepotatoe it's not going to last very long and they're quite expensive.

gmac Posted - 15/10/2010 : 20:58:28
quote:
Originally posted by boogles

why cant i use sand? i use aspen already. that sheet you posted doesnt say anything about sand....

because its not a suitable substrate. Sand can be the cause of scale problems, also may hinder the snake shedding as it is pretty dry not to mention impaction if feeding in viv.
rachiepotatoe Posted - 15/10/2010 : 20:57:56
sand will cause respiritory problems, stick with aspen or reptile bark :)

Also, the first linke you gave with the 30x30x30, did you know that is cm? that's fairly small... Someone correct me if i'm wrong but that would be abit pointless since it probably wouldnt last him too long (and exo terra tanks arent cheap) if i were you i'd go for one abit bigger (but not too big). That's just my opinion
boogles Posted - 15/10/2010 : 20:49:57
why cant i use sand? i use aspen already. that sheet you posted doesnt say anything about sand....
gmac Posted - 15/10/2010 : 20:43:11
sand is best not used with corns have a look at this suitable substrate
boogles Posted - 15/10/2010 : 20:34:51
http://www.exo-terra.com/images/shared/products/habitat_kits_desert_terr.jpg LIKE THIS!
boogles Posted - 15/10/2010 : 20:23:45
http://www.arkpetsonline.co.uk/exo-terra-terrarium-30x30x30cm-p-3175.html

thinking this one. going to go desert themed....any issues with using reptile sand for corns? instead of aspen? wanted to get it looking more like a corns actual natural hbitat. arid scrubland!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000