The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 jennys gone :'(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
FiestaSTLou Posted - 10/10/2010 : 13:06:34
mike went to change her water today and shes gone :( no idea how shes got out the rub, but iv tripled checked it and shes deffo not there absolutly gutted, mikes in the process of taking EVERYTHING out the bedroom, iv also left a bottle trap in there, whilst i go thru every piece of clothes we own and we own ALOT of clothes, just dont know what else to do :( dont know how long shes been out for either cos last time we checked her was friday after she shed
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
FiestaSTLou Posted - 27/10/2010 : 10:14:52
what are they? i heard of them but not 100% sure on what they are?
gingerpony Posted - 26/10/2010 : 22:13:17
have you tried tape traps hun?
FiestaSTLou Posted - 26/10/2010 : 14:06:39
nope, im gutted :( im still laying bottle traps a few times a week not every day tho just in case but nope nothing :(
sarahw Posted - 25/10/2010 : 21:10:27
any luck on finding her?
FiestaSTLou Posted - 15/10/2010 : 13:11:52
mikes gna have another spot check tongiht thru everything, i have sooo many boxes full of paper work in my room and another few of stuff from where i cleared the sides for the snakes to take over, so mikes gna go thru them again tonight. theres just so many places for her to hide! lol
n/a Posted - 15/10/2010 : 13:09:03
quote:
Originally posted by FiestaSTLou

hopefully a dark quiet room with no people in over the weekend will attract her and who knows i might get home sunday n find her in the bed lol

I hope that she is there for you when you return. I'm sure it is getting cold there in the UK as it is here in the US as well. I doubt she would leave the confines of your home as it is warm for her. She will get hungry sooner or later. Hopefully sooner. So I think she will show. Just keep hope alive.
FiestaSTLou Posted - 15/10/2010 : 10:29:01
oo no dont worry we have been changing the pinky every morning before work. i had a bottle trap at one end of the bedroom and the tub at the other, but there was no joy, and the smell got to much for me last night and was also making my other snakeys very alert lol so we have taken all the traps out now, its been running thru my head but she was on a very high chest of drawers, her rub was next to my other corns faun (sydney) shes alot bigger than jenny about 2 years old im guessing, then on the chest of draws next to that i have cecil the royal, i keeps popping in my head that shes got into one of their containers and been munched on :( Just thinking of it logially when she came out, she either went across the drawers into one of the tubs, fell down the back of the chest of draws onto the floor, or down the side onto me! or if she was being sensible slithered down the plugs lol, iv been trying to think of routes she may have gone on and checked them out but she is a corn and they like tricking us, she could be anywhere by now as its a week today. Im going away 2moro for the night so hopefully a dark quiet room with no people in over the weekend will attract her and who knows i might get home sunday n find her in the bed lol
Kellog Posted - 15/10/2010 : 03:46:54
quote:
Originally posted by FiestaSTLou

........shes still not in any of the traps, and my room stinks of mice :(

Dont leave the pinkies in the traps for more than 24hrs Louise. Take them out, leave it a few days and then try again. I know its tempting to have pinkies permanently available but maybe giving her that time will then be whats needed to tempt her out when you next put down the traps....and it may not be a good idea to put down too many as the smell of mouse all around her may just confuse her....

I do hope she turns up soon....its only been a few days (feels like a lifetime to you, I know, but it isnt long really).

xxx
FiestaSTLou Posted - 14/10/2010 : 14:19:42
just rang my mum to check and shes still not in any of the traps, and my room stinks of mice :(
sarahw Posted - 14/10/2010 : 13:45:23
you poor thing you must be so worried about her, i know i would be, esp as shes a baby. they seem to be quite hardy creatures so im sure she will be fine.
and hopefully she wont be able to get out of the box trap once she has a belly full of mouse
hope she turns up soon
FiestaSTLou Posted - 13/10/2010 : 23:22:34
thanks everyone, well i havnt given up! iv come up with a new plan, we layed botle traps but had no joy also there was a chance she could take the pinky n go so iv got hold of loads of old plastic take away boxes, made a smallish hole just big enuff for her to go in and heated up a pink with a hair dryer and put it in there with a small dish of water, im hoping the holes small enuff for her to get in but not get out once shes eaten.
smiffy89 Posted - 13/10/2010 : 14:06:30
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12170
n/a Posted - 13/10/2010 : 13:26:12
Hi - sorry to hear about Jenny. I know how gutted you must be feeling having been throug this myself. Don't give up hope though - these creatures are little miracles and have the most amazing survival abilities. My Bubbles went walkabout for 7 months during the coldest winter I can ever remember and came home safe and well.

Just keep looking - Bubbles turned up on the neighbours breadboard in their kitchen (he had disappeared from his viv in their kitchen whilst we were on holiday the year before).

Good luck
Kellog Posted - 13/10/2010 : 04:01:59
Am so sorry about Jenny . Have you put down a water bowl near the hole in the wall? Maybe sprinkle some flour around it, cos then you can see slither marks in the flour if she comes out to drink.

Your brother is a real *****....what you feel when you touch a needle gently to your skin, a small *****....well, he is a big one ! To say what he did to you when he should realise how hurtful you would find it, and that you have that real fear he would harm Jenny if he found her....makes me really cross !

You can see from my sticky that corns are very hardy and can survive for a long time in difficult circumstances. She should naturally be afraid of the cat and will be fast, so should be able to steer clear of any risk of an attack.

Just keep looking, go over where you have already looked....and dont give up hope.

xxx
FiestaSTLou Posted - 11/10/2010 : 09:49:17
theres 7 of us in our house, so i just cant see how she would get out my bedroom without being noticed but then she got out her rub without me noticing :( if i was a snake tho im pretty certain i would have gone into the wall, theres water pipes and it gets very warm in there and its dark, if u touch the wall u can feel the warmth, so im hopeing she is in there, not the most practical place to be in a wall! but then atleast i know she is warm as odd as it sounds, i changed the pinky for a fresh one this morning and put it right outside the hole in the wall to see if it can coax her out, my hunch could be totally off tho and she could be anywhere else! noones gna be in the room today whilst we are at work so it will be nice and quiet for her, i havnt put the blind up either so its sort of dark, i also put a small box down near where her rub was with some water and i put the bag in with it that we used to defrost the other snakes mouses in last night. Im paraying she hasnt gone into the living room down the hall as kitten and mummy cat are in there all the time.... :(

just feel usless now! im tempted to go home and smear mouse all over my walls to attract her!

im worried about my brother to, hes not a fan of them and his gf is petrified! he said last night,"u found that F'ing snake yet" i was at point of tears by this point! so i hope she crawls on his face in the night and gets into bed with him! mwahaha! but then i also worried that he might do something stupid like drop sumink on her and squash her (yes he is one of the biggest tits i know)
kdlang Posted - 10/10/2010 : 21:05:51
OMG hun so sorry to hear that she has gone missing. I really hope she turns up for you. Please don't lose hope. She is only little and can hide in some really small spaces but I'm sure she will come out for food eventually.
FiestaSTLou Posted - 10/10/2010 : 17:53:45
the room opposite is my sistes and shes out and its locked so cant look in there :( the room on the right in our bthroom, have searched it, i just hope she didnt go down the shower plug or toilet! and the room on the left is our playroom which is full of crap!! i mean liteally old desks, drawers, i wouldnt be able to pull it all out :( that doors always kept shut tho so i hope she hasnt gone in there :( its also cold in there to :( i hate this!
rachiepotatoe Posted - 10/10/2010 : 17:25:28
I really hope she turns up safe and well soon!!!
HannahB Posted - 10/10/2010 : 17:16:30
hope you find her
try looking in other neighbouring rooms aswell - she might have gotten out under the door
elament Posted - 10/10/2010 : 17:04:26
Best of luck. I cant imagine how i would be if either of my two escaped. Hope you find her soon.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000