The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 I'm impressed and happy!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tehbunneh Posted - 05/10/2010 : 12:51:03
This is mostly a message for those of you that may be around the Worcestershire area and are looking for cheap mice with a decent service and BEAUTIFUL animals, as well as cheap new and second hand vivs!

I went down into Worcester city today, and went down into Lowesmoore, as I needed to find me some large fluffs for Ripley, who is so close to moving up a level, but just needs a few more weeks for his head to catch up with his girth! Anyway, went down to Worcester Reptiles, and for £10 got myself 25 large fluffs! The man behind the counter was kind enough to show me the differences in size between their fluffs and hoppers, and then when I said the hoppers were still a little too large, without any prompting started rummaging through the bag of fluffs for all the biggest he could find! A real bargin, considering the place opposite my flat charges £16 for 20!! I'm really chuffed!

Perhaps it was cos I used my feminine charms that got me them so cheap, but yeah, I'm well impressed! I thought I would share this info with all those that may be looking for cheaper mice in their area!

Their selection of corns are also stunning x.x Bloodreds, granites, snows and blizzards, as well as some Red Candycanes, all really beautiful and active. They also customise vivs and have a load of second hand ones with full set ups for £50! I think I may have found my new haunt XD
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
FiestaSTLou Posted - 06/10/2010 : 10:04:17
oo i know where the sainsburys is lol :) should be down there in a few weeks so will give u a message hun! ty for the address :) x
tehbunneh Posted - 05/10/2010 : 18:39:00
The other is a new place, recently set up on the St John's main street. Its called Pet Link, and has a place in Malvern too. However, I've heard reports that it is set to close sometime soon due to a lack of trade. It doesn't surprise me though, it is in the most ridiculous place for a pet store - right where most cars just zoom past on their way to Bromsgrove, Malvern or into Worcester itself, with a Sainsbury's behind where most people would prefer to get their pet food because it is so much cheaper x.x

The address for Pet Link is here:

63 St. Johns
Worcester
WR2 5AG

If you do decide to drop by, let me know! I'd love to come and meet ya XD There aren't many TCS'ers around this way!!!
FiestaSTLou Posted - 05/10/2010 : 14:56:21
haha yeah iv heard the owner is very good, my fella used to go look around in there regulary before he moved down here and he said the owner was always very good so ur prob right on the cheap labour front, the lad in there was moving vivs about when we went into deffo could be the case lol where is this other rep shop? we have only ever known worcester reps up there so would be good to go have alook in this other one, could u send me the address of it, i wont have a clue where it is but im sure mike will lol
tehbunneh Posted - 05/10/2010 : 14:14:27
I think they get a lot of young men in there just for easy labour. The guy who seems to run the place (I've seen him a few times, and is usually the one at the till) seemed really helpful and friendly! He had some very sullen, quiet looking fellow feeding the crickets when we walked in, so I reckon there are a couple that know a lot about what they sell, and then a selection of younger guys that do the cleaning and feeding, but none of the sales.

I've been in Worcester for three years now, and each time I've been down to look, they've had quite a variety, on both sides. First year, they were selling Chameleons, but they haven't had those for a while now, and it is mostly pythons, corns and beardies, with some amphibians and anoles thrown into the mix too. Today I went in, and they also have a large aviary full of finches and the like, which seemed a bit weird, I must admit! They are the best priced around here, at any rate! They do still have the corner of vivs, but both sides have a good selection of reptiles, and all look to be in good condition.

The place across the road from me have a beautiful selection, all housed really wonderfully, if a bit small for some of the sizes of critter, however, I worry that they don't clean out regularly enough as we've been in a number of times to see corns with multiple skins around them, as well as a lot of poo, and they seem to feed their anoles and beardies with the wrong size food, as we went in one day to find a brown anole struggling with locust far larger then the space between his eyes, that seemed to be biting him, as he kept acting like he'd been shocked and was being surrounded by the things. Its annoying that I've no car to travel around a bit further afield, as these two shops are the only ones within walking distance to get all the things I need. Worcester is a bit sp**** for Reptile selling shops!
FiestaSTLou Posted - 05/10/2010 : 13:40:21
seems like they have got better in there then, i went into there before with my fella just to have alook whilst we where in town and tbh it was quite bare in there, some vivs stacked in the corner and all the reps on the left, the young lad didnt no what a morph was either... but this was a while ago.. will have to go have a ganders in there next time we are up there the weekend :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000