The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Microclimate Ministat 100 Help Please!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gaz_1989 Posted - 02/10/2010 : 20:22:23
Folks,

I set up my new faun yesterday for the 3rd corn I'm collecting tomorrow. It's an Exo Terra large flat faun, Komodo heat mat underneath, running off the above stat.

Never had stat problems before.

I've been tweaking this all day and can't get it right.

Closest I can get is...

On at 26.2c
Off at 31.6c

Why so much variance? I've never had a stat that varies so much. I cant get it set at all and I'm collecting my 3rd corn tomorrow.

Any tips appreciated. Anyone else got this stat?

Thanks

Gaz
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
elament Posted - 04/10/2010 : 15:30:22
pain in the behind stats are tho to be honest i got two habistat ones and i got them to +-1.5c but thats after sending two back because there was too much variance. I know a lot of people with the microclimate ones that complain.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 04/10/2010 : 12:52:24
Thanks for all the replies again.

Catherine - I did miss ure other post, will look at the pulse stats, thanks.

Kellog - At first the variation was huge. However i have persevered and 3 days later it is getting better, virtually every hour I have made tiny adjustments and I have now got...

Min - 26.5
Max - 30.1

Whilst not ideal in my eyes, it is better than the initial 24-32 range.

I am still gonna swap all 3 stats to pulse stats I think.

Just a side note, the habitat mat stat is the best of the 3. Min temp 28.8c and max 29.1c so pretty damn accurate!

Gaz
gingerpony Posted - 04/10/2010 : 10:55:41
some on/off stats DO seem to have a huge range in their temps, best on/off i've had was an Aqualine one, kept the temps +/-0.5*C but the down-side was a slightly bulkier probe and a barely-audible click as it switched on or off, other than that i'd definitely recommend them!
Kellog Posted - 03/10/2010 : 02:20:44
That is the exact problem I had with the Microclimate on/off Gaz....and I wasnt happy with such a large variation. I worked out that it wouldnt switch on until it had dropped 5oC....and to me that was too much temperature variation so I made the decision to send it back and replace it with a Habistat Pulse. Am so much happier with it, although I am surprised as I still get a 2oC variation with that whereas with the Habistat Dimmer I have that came with Kellog's viv gives me a 0.5oC variation (was advised by an ex-forum member that a dimmer 'doesnt' work with a heatmat, which is why I ordered the pulse).

Now that was my personal decision to change from the on/off to the pulse, but I needed to feel 100% about my set-up and I wasnt with the on/off....I am with the pulse.

xxx
ryanred5 Posted - 03/10/2010 : 01:12:12
Hi

I was just wondering if you noticed the post I did on your Temps thread about some pulse stats for sale on Ebay.

I think you might have missed what I put, cos I did another post straight after in which I asked about the Lucky Reptile stat you've got and you replied to me about that but not about the stat post hence thats why I think you might have missed it.

The post you missed showed a Habistat Pulse stat that was on auction at Ebay which unfortunately finished yesterday.

However I also posted that there was the same stat as above that is sold on a Buy It Now at Ebay for £34 (no postage). If you wanted 2 or 3 of them I bet the seller would do a discount if you asked.

Have a look on the Temps thread to get the info.

EDIT the above, here is the link to the £34 Habistat Pulse stats on Ebay:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HABISTAT-PULSE-PROPORTIONAL-THERMOSTAT-BRAND-NEW-/150497441745?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects&hash=item230a58b7d1#ht_946wt_896

Good luck.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 02/10/2010 : 21:24:30
Ok thanks. I'm really disappointed with it to be honest.

I'm gonna invest in 3 x Pulse stats in the near future I think.

Gaz
NikkiLian Posted - 02/10/2010 : 21:10:41
I've got the ministat 100 for both my vivs and i've had the same problems. I've got mine set to the same temps as urs and my snakes are happy with it.
I've heard alot of complaints about the ministat 100 and my rep shop have said they've had loads of them taken back.
Like i said, i've had no probs with my corns at that temp so just see how it goes.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 02/10/2010 : 21:04:16
Okay thanks.

Do you think this amount of fluctuation will be okay?

I've just done a search on the ministat and a few people have commented on the fluctuation.

My others vary, but only by 2 or 3 degrees c.

Thanks slot

Gaz

gingerpony Posted - 02/10/2010 : 20:57:47
well your actual set up sounds fine, i'd settle for the temps you've achieved so far hun
Gaz_1989 Posted - 02/10/2010 : 20:25:06
To add...

7 watt mat under faun on polystyrene board.

Stat probe and digi thermometer probes inside faun, held in place with a hide, centred over the mat.

Thanks

Gaz

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000