The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Moving snakes any info ??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tony81 Posted - 27/09/2010 : 21:27:33
hi peeps...im going to collect a new adult corn she will be my first adult (i have a 18 month male and 8 month female) thing is it will be 1 1/2 hour journey in the car . how will she react ? how stressed will she get if at all ? Any tips on moving her would be much appreciated....thanks for reading
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kehhlyr Posted - 27/09/2010 : 22:30:01
I've just had to bring some snakes on a car drive for about the same amount of time, I done exactly as what Gmac and HannahB said;
Inside a pillowcases that were inside a rub.

The vibrations from a radio would be negligible, in fact probably noticed about the same amount as the vibrations from the car when driving to be honest. Saying that though, I wouldn't have a chunky bass box going though.
HannahB Posted - 27/09/2010 : 21:47:41
dont put the radio up too loud - keep things as quiet as possible, easier said than done when in a car but it will help, maybe put some sort of padding inside a rub/box before putting the pillowcase with her in to stop her bashing about too much like gmac suggested
gmac Posted - 27/09/2010 : 21:34:23
suggest you use a pillowcase and place that in a rub that will not let her roll about in and bang of the sides. Difficult to say how stressed she will get but by doing the above will minimise the stress. 1.5 hours is nothing really time wise so will be fine.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000