The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 2 corns sharing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nails Posted - 26/09/2010 : 17:48:39
Hi everyone, well it's been a long time since i posted on here, all has been well with my 2 corns, my question is would i be able to put them both in a viv together? Wizard will be about a year old in Oct/nov and Epi is about 8 months, both are about the same lenght, and both eating well,and shedding well, wizard is bigger bodily wise than Epi. Both are on Fuzzies now, i know i wont be able to feed them in the same viv, but have there smaller viv's for feed time.
Thanks everyone.
Viv i have is 2ft long, with glass front doors
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 27/09/2010 : 02:32:53
Good to see you back Donna and I am so glad that Wizard and Epi are doing so well . I just want to say thank you for listening to the advice given and taking it....you would be amazed at the amount of people who dont . I am so pleased you have decided to put them into separate vivs....even though it does entail that extra cost, it is worth every penny .

If, as Kehhlyr has suggested and you are any good at DIY, you want to try your hand at building a viv for Wizard then these links may give you some ideas:

How to build a vivarium by Budaholic
How to Build a Vivarium
How to build a vivarium - By Dazb

Hope that is of some help (or, if you are like me and totally useless at DIY , you can just ignore it!)

xxx
smiffy89 Posted - 26/09/2010 : 20:45:09
MDF is a life saver when you are skint and need to split reps asap
Kehhlyr Posted - 26/09/2010 : 20:40:17
Sometimes investing in the wood to build is another option.
I'm in the process of building a triple 36x16x16 stack. So far it's cost me about 38 quid for this bits to build. Shant be long before it's complete.
Probably wont be as tidy as some of the other stacks I've seen, but it'll function as needed.
chrish Posted - 26/09/2010 : 19:46:56
Good Choice!
nails Posted - 26/09/2010 : 18:36:11
Just been looking on Ebay for another viv, think the older of the 2 needs something a bit bigger, so will just invest in another, not going to put either of them at risk, i have the room for another so not going to make a difference.
herriotfan Posted - 26/09/2010 : 18:24:48
quote:
Originally posted by nails

Thanks Gmac, justt had a look, only read first 3 threads and made my mind up, WON'T be putting them in together, not going to risk either of them getting harmed or even eaten!!!! So i will be getting another viv.

So pleased you decided against it!
I know some people keep them together without any problems at all but I wouldn't take the risk. I'd never forgive myself it anything nasty happened.
gmac Posted - 26/09/2010 : 18:08:08
cool, nice one
nails Posted - 26/09/2010 : 18:07:16
Thanks Gmac, justt had a look, only read first 3 threads and made my mind up, WON'T be putting them in together, not going to risk either of them getting harmed or even eaten!!!! So i will be getting another viv.
gmac Posted - 26/09/2010 : 17:50:33
you can look at the cohabiting thread, then make your own decisions. personally I wouldn't be keeping young corns together but that's just me.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000