The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Probably a daft question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ryanred5 Posted - 25/09/2010 : 06:14:24
Hi

This is probably a really silly question for a fairly experienced Cornsnake owner, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

Atm Phoenix is in a 3 litre Braplast Hinged Flip-Up Hatchling box and that box is sat inside the Exo-Terra Large Flat Faunarium. Although she fits okay in the 3L box I would like her to have the space of the Faunarium to roam around in.

What I wanted to know is how anyone on here who has a new hatchling (Phoenix is 10 weeks old, dob 15/07/10) and a large Faunarium, finds using it. Is it okay for a teeny worm-like snake or would keeping that teeny snake be better kept in the 3L box for another couple of months?

I know its probably a daft question but I wanted other peoples opinions if they have done it and what they thought?

Thanks guys
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikeyd_26 Posted - 28/09/2010 : 18:41:43
yeah i have to take everything out but it gives me a chance to spot check and re-organise ect.....
Tiffany-x Posted - 28/09/2010 : 16:47:32
Umm maybe Im just being stupid but isnt that what fauns are made for? :P
Tiffany-x
ryanred5 Posted - 28/09/2010 : 07:10:20
Hi Mike

Thanks for your post about having a hatchling in a Faun.

I've decided I'm going to put Phoenix in her Faun when I get some new aspen.

I "cooked" a piece of bogwood the other day, so that will be going in the Faun too, so she will have something to climb on.

Just out of interest Mike, do you find Bo easy to find in his Faun or do you have to take everything out first?

Thanks again.
mikeyd_26 Posted - 25/09/2010 : 12:14:36
I have my hatchie in a faun and he is only a month old! Just make sure there plenty of hides and cover like plants ect.. and every thing should be ok :]
ryanred5 Posted - 25/09/2010 : 10:41:47
Thanks for your replys to my post.

I think you both might have got the wrong impression from my post. I don't want to move her into a viv, I just want to know would she be okay in the Flat Faunarium instead of the box shes currently in?
herriotfan Posted - 25/09/2010 : 10:24:55
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Hume

Oh, and PS. always work on the basis that the only daft questions are the ones you don't ask, there's no such thing as a stupid question on here :0)

The only daft question is the one you don't ask!
Hatchlings are best kept in your faunarium.
As you experienced there can be problems with a wee snake in a large viv.
We had a thread not long ago on the effects of incorrect housing but I don't know how to link it, maybe one of our 'clever' people will find it for you!!
Paul Hume Posted - 25/09/2010 : 09:30:18
Oh, and PS. always work on the basis that the only daft questions are the ones you don't ask, there's no such thing as a stupid question on here :0)
Paul Hume Posted - 25/09/2010 : 09:27:36
Hi there,

My first corn stayed in smaller containers and is now in a bigger viv and she is brilliant, My sons corn went into a larger viv straight away and we had problems with her not wanting to be handled, she would regurge her food and sometimes just didnt eat at all. I then moved her into a small faun for a couple of months and she is pretty much stable now, doesnt love being held but eats fine and keeps it down.

I know the temptation to move them into a bigger viv and the thinking that you are being generous with space and they will love it, but the reality is they would much prefer a smaller enclosure where they feel secure and safe.

Hope this helps.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000