The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Some Housing Help Needed!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tehbunneh Posted - 23/09/2010 : 18:58:21
Hey guys!

I've been in and out for a while, just generally browsing, not really posting, as is my way, and I have been generally browsing places selling vivariums and terrainiums and the like, and I was wondering, which are best?

Ripley, my lovely little lad, is currently in a RUB, which he was given to us in by the breeder my brother brought him from, and we were told that he could stay in it all his life! Now, I feel, personally, that that isn't really acceptable! Its barely over a foot wide, about half a foot deep, and a couple of inches in height. It is perfect for him at the moment, being just under 2ft himself and still quite thin, but what I really want to get is a glass terrainium, about 2x2x?ft, so that he can grow happily and generally have a home to call his own that looks exceptional and gives him plenty to do when I can't handle him, for example after being fed. Currently I get him out every evening to stretch himself out and have a good ol' 'run' around, and he seems to enjoy it a lot, poking his head out of his hide every evening around 8pm, expectantly waiting for me.

Baaaasically, before I went off on a tangent there, I just wanted to ask you guys what sort of glass terrainiums are the best, and where do you suggest buying from? I've been looking around, and found some interesting vivs and ters, such as the Komodos and the ExoTerras, but, being new to this game, I'm not sure if any of them are suitable, and whether they are overpriced or not!! I can't currently keep him in a very large viv, as we have a very small flat, and with me, my boyfriend, the Tiger Oscar Tank and Ripley, its getting a little cramped!! Anything around 2-3ft is best in this case I think! We humans in this flat are also useless with DIY and electrical stuff, and I would not particularly like to try and install a light fitting for fear of electrocuting myself, my boyfriend, or Ripley, so something that either already comes with the fitting, or is open enough, such as an all glass one, to not need a light, would be really favoured!

If any of you guys have any suggestions, I am really interested in you guys' opinions!! I think Ripley will be ok for a few more months in his RUB, and he seems perfectly content currently, but I really do want to move him out of it soon!

Thanks guys!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Serpentine Posted - 23/09/2010 : 22:27:17
No more than parks, I'm a newbie too, however I have been thinking of getting an Exo Terra viv when Sid gets bigger. At the minute he is in an old aquarium I had lying around, it's about 2'x1'x15". Was thinking of getting the 36"x18"x18" viv, for no reason other than this should be big enough for Sid to live in as an adult, and I like the look of it. Have read on other threads about snakes getting caught on the glass doors, so I'll have to keep an eye on that.
The other brand of viv's I was considering was the Vivexotic wooden viv's, haven't completely dismissed them just yet, but definitely leaning towards the Exo Terra.
Hope this is of some help to you.
n/a Posted - 23/09/2010 : 20:45:56
i am new to this myself and i have myself a 4-5 month old corn. only had him for 8 days and im struggling abit with the skill of taming him. but i have been told that a viv 3x2x2 will be good enough for adulthood so im going to build my own

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000