The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 fed ok. with pic

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 21/09/2010 : 16:02:17
i decided to feed kalou and it went really well. he grabbed the mouse straight away, but he chose to eat it tailend first! i hope this wont be a problem. when i transferd him to his RUB i managed to pick him up ok, but he tried to get away from me, then when i tried to pick him up after his feed he struck at me. i cant help but be concerned and hope he snaps out of this soon. i dont no how to upload the pic
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 21/09/2010 : 23:19:54
Ruby just climbed out of her shoe box after feeding on Saturday straight on to my hand so I just lifted her back into her faun.
drchino Posted - 21/09/2010 : 23:02:23
I leave Izzy for 20 minutes and she's still in attack mode! I just tip her back in or leave the feeding box in her viv for her to make her own way out.
JackHutchy979 Posted - 21/09/2010 : 22:23:12
My 6 month corn is in a 2ft viv. With 3 hides at the moment. I feed him
in his viv with a piece of kitchen roll with the pinky on it. Worked fine. Is the setup fine. Size wise a lot of people seem to use smaller.
n/a Posted - 21/09/2010 : 17:11:59
ok thanks. all advice is greatly appreciated
gmac Posted - 21/09/2010 : 17:00:58
The size of the viv/ faun is fine, however I would have another hide in his cooler end, this lets him have 2 one in the hot end and one in the cool end, this gives him more places to hide and feel secure. He will run away from you as you are big and he is small, honestly patience and perseverance and you will be fine. keep doing what you are doing.
n/a Posted - 21/09/2010 : 16:54:57
iv just measured it and its 16x11x6.it was recomended from the pet shop to use for the first 12months. i hav aspen bedding in there, with a coconut shell hide, a water bowl which is an old coffee jar lid, and a small artificial tree. iv noticed everynight he is very active. he seems to like climbing along the top of the viv, where the lid meets the viv itself. when he's along the top i stick my hand infront of him and let him get a smell. sumtimes he drops and runs to hide, sometimes he does have a little snif, but he still does seem to be abit frightend of me
gmac Posted - 21/09/2010 : 16:43:06
nice one on the feed.

As for the striking it may just be he is not feeling secure just yet so give it time and patience, his way of saying leave me alone. Becoming tolerant to being handled doesn't always happen overnight it will take some time for you both to get used to each other.

What size viv are you using as you mentioned before it is a young snake?. Also what decor is in there with your snake?
Sta~ple Posted - 21/09/2010 : 16:34:41
They just sometimes do that. I can leave mine half an hour and he still thinks I am a mouse thief!

If he's not active on Friday night, you could play with the substrate in-front of the hide he is sleeping under. I would wait until he does a poo thought before you handle lol
n/a Posted - 21/09/2010 : 16:31:57
i left him alone for bout 5 mins after, maybe shuda be much longer, but he didnt seem to want me to pick him up. so i just tipped the RUB up and allowd him to fall into the viv, although i was very careful to make sure he wouldnt hurt himself. he's just crawlt under his hide. now im hoping that come friday, (after the 48hours) i can pick him up no problem and handle him fine. tho, i am goin to wait until he is out and active in the viv. id rather do that than pick his hide up and pick him up then incase he was sleeping and wouldnt wana be disturbed
Sta~ple Posted - 21/09/2010 : 16:16:51
It is ok for the to feed bottom first, just means mousey mum get's digested first. He might has stuck a you as he is being greedy and wanting more food or, he thinks your going to eat him (feeding time is one of the most vulnerable times for a snake) or, he think's your going to somehow steal his food. One of mine rattles his tail like mad thinking I am going to steal the food he has just munched lol

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000