The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Handling

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrish Posted - 19/09/2010 : 11:38:59
This may be daft but is there a maximum time you should have them out of the viv for?

I only ask because although mine is very nervous when i take her out, once shes actually out she settles down and seems more than happy just sitting around watching the tv and having a little explore...even to the point where she has refused to go back in her viv, deciding to turn round and go up my arm instead...

The only time she seems to get stressed is when i put her in a tub to feed her (see other post )

Cheers
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
drchino Posted - 20/09/2010 : 00:56:19
Izzy was really nervous when I got her. For the first few weeks I had to open the viv for her to come out in her own time. Just do this for a bit and then eventually they won't mind being picked up, as long as they can see you coming.
n/a Posted - 19/09/2010 : 23:37:59
My seth can be a bit agitated at first when i get him out. he can be very skitish and be trying to escape a lot. but again after 5 mins hes a carm as a cucumber and never wants to go back in. i usually have to wake him up to so is probably not to happy about that.
Stumpy Posted - 19/09/2010 : 18:29:57
when you put your hand into the viv she ill feel threatened as if a predator is attacking. Try opening the viv and letting her come out to explore on her own.
chrish Posted - 19/09/2010 : 15:57:04
Thats the thing though shes nervous when shes being taken out but when shes actually out she then doesnt want to go back! Must be my animal magnetism! lolz *cough*
newsnakekeeper Posted - 19/09/2010 : 15:23:08
Chrish your best bet if your snake is a little nervous when you take it out is mayb have 5 mins handling time then put it back. Does this may 2-3 times a week then as your snake gets used to been handled you can increase the ammount of time you keep it out for.

Others with more experiance mayb better to tell you but this is what i was told. Hope this helps you
liesela Posted - 19/09/2010 : 15:10:42
I dont know really but I think as long as she's warm and happy then keep her out :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000