The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 stack viv???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
geckolass Posted - 05/09/2010 : 13:16:57
I have a stack viv that the 3 vivs are 2.5ft long, 1.5ft wide, and 1.5ft i know that 2.5ft is not big enough for a corn snake to happiliy live but was thinking cuting hole so that he can have to vivs would this be suitable for him to live happily??

Thanks

vix
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 18/09/2010 : 20:20:35
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

If my maths is right, 2.5+1.5 = 4 or 3ft10inch

Where do you get the 3ft 10inches from???

Well measurements for vivs are taken from the outside sometimes there is like an inch or 2 difference in the space on the inside, depends how technical you want to be.

Blunty, I was trying to be smart and failed
lee2308 Posted - 18/09/2010 : 20:00:58
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

If my maths is right, 2.5+1.5 = 4 or 3ft10inch

Where do you get the 3ft 10inches from???
mikerichards Posted - 18/09/2010 : 00:12:14
2.5ftx1.5ft is plenty enough for an adult corn, they dont need as much space as you think.
BurnedAtTheStake Posted - 05/09/2010 : 18:07:47
That's why I recommended the OP to keep the cut-out bits. Yes, you do have to work out hot/cold areas (commonsense), and I confess I over-engineer when it comes to space, but I have done it, and it has worked...

I say no more!

But if you're not sure, better stick to the rules ...

Kehhlyr Posted - 05/09/2010 : 17:41:36
Why cut through??
You'd end up with what is basically 1 viv which would still require you to make sure each section has a warm and cool end so you may as well make sure each section has the warm and cool end and just get another snake.
Although cutting through can look nice, you always end up thinking "I could've put something else in that one, that's what I thought when I done this:

As the lizard can now utilise the top and bottom sections I've had to make sure there's secondary lighting in BOTH parts, the extra UVB is in, but not the extra heat-lamp. (yet)
Double the costs for the same animal, if you're gonna double any costs you may as well make it worthwhile and get another animal.
geckolass Posted - 05/09/2010 : 13:49:39
oryt so one on own should be just fine then might still cut through...
Sta~ple Posted - 05/09/2010 : 13:47:28
He doesn't need any more room, unless he's a super big corn. If my maths is right, 2.5+1.5 = 4 or 3ft10inch
BurnedAtTheStake Posted - 05/09/2010 : 13:47:20
Definitely - he would have his own duplex and would enjoy climbing up and down. But keep the bits you cut out, and then if you decide to transfer him to another viv and separate the two old vivs, you can fix the cut out pieces back in place again. Good luck.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000