The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Advice on shedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kim Posted - 16/08/2010 : 09:03:27
Looking at the notes on feed dates and shed dates we got from the shop we bought Flakes from, He/she will be due to shed around the 20th August any advice? I know we have to check the tip of the tail and the eye area have all come away.

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kim Posted - 16/08/2010 : 21:44:37
Thanks all, we will keep an eye on Flakes.
So glad to have you all on tap with your advice too.
mikerichards Posted - 16/08/2010 : 16:05:58
Snakes don't shed like clockwork, its rarely exactly one month apart.
elament Posted - 16/08/2010 : 14:18:43
Agreed with gmac on this one. Theres no need to bath your corn unless absolutely nessesary and you dont know how he sheds yet. Chances are he will shed ok and in one piece without any intervention from you. Just let him go through the process this time and act if you need to ie if there is any retained shed etc. Good luck with it and hope you get to see it AS I HAVENT YET :( LOL
gmac Posted - 16/08/2010 : 10:20:45
Dont bath your corn it is not necessary, corns generally dont require assistance shedding. As this will be his first shed with you just let at happen naturally. If there is any retained shed normally letting your corn run through a damp cloth will be enough to remove the leftovers
stotty01 Posted - 16/08/2010 : 09:43:19
the eyes will go misty blue, then they will go clear so don't think omg where's his shed its normal :) keep handling to a minimum and give him a bath every other day in some shallow but warm water, more on the cold side though :) hope i helped :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000