The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Ambient Temperature

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ajacklin Posted - 08/08/2010 : 19:00:05
Hi, I just wanted to check before the end of the summer as it starts to get cooler; what effect does the ambient temperature have on corns? I've read that the heat mat will suffice and no lamp is needed but....if the temp in my house is as low as 16 degrees(it has been known) will that not have an effect on my corn? The stats on top of the substrate still read 21 degrees at cool end and 28 at the hot end as I have a separate heat mat each end. I just wanted to make sure he doesn't go off his food again as he did last winter before I got the temps as they are now.

Thanks in advance!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ajacklin Posted - 09/08/2010 : 18:31:28
Thanks guys, yeah I appreciate he would go off his food a bit anyway but his temps weren't right. When I got him the bloke said his viv was set up perfectly, just need to plug the timer in, it had a heat lamp that came on for ten hours a day with only a dial thermometer and no stat. I managed to get it all right since but just wanted to make sure it was perfect.
gingerpony Posted - 09/08/2010 : 08:29:10
tbh going off their food in winter is a natural cycle for corns, the daylight length and ambient temp helps them know what season it is so they can behave accordingly...............not sure what the long term effects would be of trying to convince a corn it was summer all year round
gmac Posted - 08/08/2010 : 19:02:29
ambient temperatures dont make that much difference to corns, also as you have mats at both ends so your corn shall be fine.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000