The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Cheaper aspen bedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BurnedAtTheStake Posted - 07/08/2010 : 13:17:31
Hi, sorry if this question has been asked recently, but does anyone know of a supplier who will deliver aspen bedding in bulk (well, not in tons of the stuff, but in enough bulk to make it a cheaper alternative to buying those little bags in that well known pet supermarket.) I'm going to ask in my local rep shop as well - they don't have a huge stock but will order anything in for customers.

At present my snakes are on wood chippings but I plan to change to aspen and am shopping around. I live in Yorks. Thanks in advance.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 07/08/2010 : 17:59:29
i use aubiose too, for all except hatchlings :)
BurnedAtTheStake Posted - 07/08/2010 : 14:04:06
Cheers, thanks for that - there are a couple of good farm shops nearby and I can bribe someone with a few beers to provide transport! LOL
Kehhlyr Posted - 07/08/2010 : 13:49:41
I use Aubiose for my reps.
It's listed as a horse bedding, £8.50 for 25kg. May want to have a looky for that in farm shops near you. Or find out if anyone is near you to let you have a wee handful to see what you think.
It's very much like aspen but a bit more coarse, but still does the same job.
hillzi Posted - 07/08/2010 : 13:49:11
Theres something incredibly cheaper called "Aubiose" It's actually horse bedding but is very similar texture and look to aspen.

There are some differences, like the price, its like £8 for 25kg of the gear, I don't use it, I do know a few members on here do,

Sta~ple, Kehhlyr and a few others I'm sure, best bet is to google aubiose, get their website, ring up or email and ask where your nearest stockists is, you may have to ploy that you have a few horses.. they maybe reluctant to give you the details if your'e only gonna buy one bale!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000