The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Escape proofing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bailaz_85 Posted - 07/08/2010 : 11:31:08
Hi all just looking to see what ways people use to escape proof there Rubs for hatchling corns up to adult corns.
As I have heard hatchlings can get stuck between the gap around were the lid fits.

Thanks
Keith
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hillzi Posted - 07/08/2010 : 23:04:31
I've been using RUB's for my amel since August, he was a bit smaller then, and he didn't escape the RUB or get caught in the lid bit, rubs are snake safe, regarding you set the probes right and put some ventaliation in there.
gingerpony Posted - 07/08/2010 : 18:56:43
use the foam tape used for draught excluding around house doors, but make sure you drill holes in the RUB for ventilation
mikeyd_26 Posted - 07/08/2010 : 17:25:41
mine used to crawl around the lip of her faun lid!!! (the hatch bit)
BurnedAtTheStake Posted - 07/08/2010 : 13:30:50
I once put a small rub in with a hatchling as a damp hide - when I looked into the viv again I couldn't see her/him and moved the small rub out to search for her ... nothing. OMG! After a few minutes' panic I glanced at the small rub sitting on the carpet, and there, apparently lodged under the lid behind one of the clip-on handles, was snakey. But no, not lodged. Curled up and quite content, little madam! It's amazing where they can get to. When she was younger one of her favourite hides was a hollow log I could barely get my little finger into. They really do enjoy small spaces, so it may be that they choose to get into the gap between rub and lid. (That's just my experience, of course.)

Perhaps a way of proofing the gap could be to line it with strips of folded kitchen roll - when the lid goes on it will compress the roll and block the gap completely?
crazy JJ Posted - 07/08/2010 : 12:12:21
havent reli had a prob with mine the only thing i reli use is locks on the vivs and as 4 the lil ns well i just trust that they cant get out n its worked 4 the past 3 ish years :D ;) never had an escapee :D

but other peeps will come soon and might be able to help ya lil more :)
princessbroxy Posted - 07/08/2010 : 11:37:27
I've never had a problem with mine but that's not to say others haven't.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000