The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 first shed!! any advice would be great!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 05/08/2010 : 19:57:33
hello there, got my first ever snake a few weeks back (crimson corn called sgt pepper) and he seems to be doing well but he never ever comes out, I get him out once a day and he is perfectly relaxed and happy being out, now I'm sure he is about to shed coz he turned that milky blue colour but I'm a bit worried coz I've read that to shed they need to move around the viv to remove their old skin, how will mine remove his if he just sits under his substrate? will he come out at night and remove it? I'm not too worried coz I've done everything exactly right and last time I got him out he looked full of life and healthy, I'm just a tad concerned and would love any advice, thanks loads.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 06/08/2010 : 07:40:00
thanks for reply ginger pony, yeah its just a little bit of broke off bark from a cork log hide I bought in my reptile shop, cheers.
gingerpony Posted - 05/08/2010 : 22:40:31
he'll be fine and probably shed when you're asleep
if your set up is correct he shouldn't have any problems shedding, the bark is a good idea provided it's non toxic and been treated to remove any beasties
n/a Posted - 05/08/2010 : 20:03:04
also I added a tiny bit of bark about an inch and half square in there to snag or catch his skin on coz my hides are the exo terra smooth type ones and his bowl is smooth and that's all that's in there, was I right to do this? would it have scared him coz its something new in the viv or don't they think like that and it will help?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000