The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 ARRRGGHHHHHH getting very frustrated now!!!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
misspiggy18 Posted - 04/08/2010 : 13:38:36
im trying to set up my fauvarium with the heat mat and the mat stat which is amicroclimate one. i cannot get the temps to the right ones i have turned the dail to 28o and when it reaches 28.2o the stat turns its self of and the temps drops to 24o and still wont turn itself back on ive turned the dail backwords and forewards but it still wont turn back on what am i doing wrong,

if you have got any advice i really need it ,
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
solid Posted - 04/08/2010 : 21:20:11
i had the same problem with a microclimate, the probe was taped to the mat and there was 6 degrees from off to on. i took it back to the shop they gave me some dial thing which set the same temp wherever it was pointed, so just got my money back and got habistat instead which has 2 degrees difference
dazb Posted - 04/08/2010 : 20:55:00
I would leave it a week to settle and stablize and take it from there.

You have to remember that a on/off stat will ALWAYS have a fluctuation in temp. They are designed to get to a certain temp then switch off, once it has cooled down by a preset amount it will then switch back on.

If you want a accurate non fluctuating, stable temp then you need a PP or a dimmer stat. These are designed to maintain a preset temp more accuratly.
misspiggy18 Posted - 04/08/2010 : 20:32:47
about 12hrs now will the temps settle down and get into a stable pattern
dazb Posted - 04/08/2010 : 19:41:35
How long have you had it set up and running?
misspiggy18 Posted - 04/08/2010 : 19:13:34
it drops around 4-5o which i think is quite low
DannyBrown91 Posted - 04/08/2010 : 18:11:12
28.4 is perfect, but how much does it drop by before turning back on?
misspiggy18 Posted - 04/08/2010 : 17:46:49
at the mo ive got the probes both tied together and the lie flat on the bottom of the fauv in the middle of the mat and the temp reaches 27o on the thermometer this is when the stat shuts of but the temp rises to 28.4o is this ok
dazb Posted - 04/08/2010 : 16:55:42
Dunno if you have done this or not but...

join the digital thermometer probe to the stat probe and place them directly on to the mat. Then set it so it reaches 29*C. And leave it for a few days. I find mine settle and become more accurate once they have settled. You should then see a fluctuation from probably 28-30*C which is perfect.

elament Posted - 04/08/2010 : 16:17:58
I had this with a stat once and had a big argument with the shop that it was dodgy. Eventually they caved in and replaced it with another one that was the same. I eventually got that one replaced and the two I have now are really really acurate.
I did however change the placement of my probes and moved them so they were laying flat against the surface of the mat and that did make a bit of a difference.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000