The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Snake Bites!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Figs Posted - 29/07/2010 : 22:59:51
I got bit by Goonie back when i first got him
It was a defensive bite and i didnt feel a thing - barely a speck of blood.

I got bit by my royal, Harrison just now and seriously - ouch!
That thing wanted me for dinner and at under half the size of Goonie the bite hurt a heck of a lot more

I know a lot of you guys keep more than just corns, so if you've been bitten which snake gave the nastiest bite?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 01/08/2010 : 15:29:19
Not really, its the teeth, royals have far bigger teeth and corns will ever have, they dont actually hit that hard.
Adder bites are really dodgy, its worse than a dog bite in so far as the whole limb can and does swell up, the venom destroys muscle tissue and feels like a burning, you cant stop it without treatment. If you then prove to allergic to it, well, good luck.
Sta~ple Posted - 31/07/2010 : 20:43:08
Prrrf you woz :p being bitten by a dog is far worse lol

Interesting how royal bites do differ from corns though, I;m guessing it's the weight behind the force.
Big Stew Posted - 31/07/2010 : 19:10:58
Forgot to say that hurt like Hell, just like having battery acid injected on my leg.
Big Stew Posted - 30/07/2010 : 17:41:16
When I was 13 years old I managed to get bitten on the leg by an Adder, I got up off my fishing box and stood on it whilst it was basking behind me! ! ! For some reason it decided to sink it's teeth in me. I remember my mum and dad running around like headless chickens at the time and having to go to hospital. Funny thing is that was when my interest in snakes started and I promised that one day I would have a pet corn as they are non venumous.
mikerichards Posted - 30/07/2010 : 13:05:38
Lol, royals have big teeth! I have been bitten by an adult royal, that's tingles, the worst bite I have had is from a baby Adder, that hurts quite a lot, and not just the bite, it hurt for a good few days after and was quite some swelling!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000