The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 help! snake escaped :(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cornucopia Posted - 26/07/2010 : 21:12:01
My lovely snake did a runner from his viv a couple of weeks ago. Despite searching high & low there is no sign of him.

Assuming he's still in the house, how long will a well-fed 16" snake last without food and more importantly, water?

Is there any way to tempt him out of hiding?

*sniff*

Paul.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kdlang Posted - 26/07/2010 : 22:23:09
Have you left water bowls around for him? I'm sure if he has water available he will be able to survive for several months. There have certainly been stories on here of snakes turning up after even as long as 7 months. Try sprinkling some flour around the edges of your rooms as that might give you an idea of where he is. Have you tried a bottle trap? If you search on here you will find how to make one. I'm no good at posting links. Another thing to consider is if he is due to shed. If he has gone in blue he will be holed up somewhere so you will be unlikely to find him or see any tracks until he has shed. The good thing is he will probably be hungry afterwards.
elament Posted - 26/07/2010 : 22:03:39
Its worth a shot they often turn up there
Cornucopia Posted - 26/07/2010 : 21:31:24
I'll have a look but it's a long way & a flight of stairs fom the bedroom where he lived. And he would have passed the dog.....

Paul.
elament Posted - 26/07/2010 : 21:19:42
I know its a long shot but have you tried looking in the back of the fridge they sometimes turn up there

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000