The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Feeding Advice Please?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NikkiLian Posted - 23/07/2010 : 23:29:23
Hi, I have a carolina corn, not sure how old because I was given him by someone who couldn't look after him properly and she wasn't sure of his age but he is approx 1 1/2 to 2 ft long. I've been feeding him on two pinkies every 7 days but he seems to still be looking for food. I went to the reptile shop (who have been brilliant with advice so far!) to try him on a fuzzie but they didn't have any in stock, the guy suggested I try him on a rat pup intead but it seems huge, even compared to the big pinkies he's been eating!Is it safe to feed him something that kinda size and is it safe to feed him rat pups? (Sorry if it's a stupid question!)
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NikkiLian Posted - 24/07/2010 : 00:43:46
Thanks for the advice. The girl I had him (Loki) from said she bought him as a hatchling and she'd had him for about a year (ish!) so he must be around 15-18 months. As for the pup, Loki's quite big around the belly so i'm hoping he'll manage it ok! Thanx again! Nikki xx
gmac Posted - 24/07/2010 : 00:36:57
yes its ok to feed rats to corns, so long as the rat pup is not greater than one and a half times the widest part of your snake.

Also as for the age it is very difficult to tell the age from the size, as all snakes grow at different rates.
princessbroxy Posted - 24/07/2010 : 00:30:13
Hi I found this on a web page hope it helps...

Generally, you should feed a snake a mouse no thicker than the width of the thickest part of snake itself.

And acording to the same page cos of the length of the snake it seems to be between 18 months to 2 years old

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000