The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 amazing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 18/07/2010 : 12:28:02
has just watched winston do a complete shed cant belive it happy days
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
elament Posted - 22/07/2010 : 12:33:47
LOL well as it happens Colin is in the pink as we speak so any day now it could be although I am expecting a long night so it may be a 2lt bottle or even a demijohn with the way my bladder is lol
Kellog Posted - 22/07/2010 : 05:48:08
I saw Kellog shed a few times when we first got him but then he started shedding at night, until his last one. I thought he looked a bit active so was watching him, knock on front door, go to answer it and let friend in, come back and there is a bright shiny Kellog and a full shed wrapped forlornly around his branches (it was a real pain getting it out especially as he kept trying to escape at the same time!).

Had never seen Silvesta shed as he always did it in the couple of hours between me going back to bed at about 5am and getting up at 7am! Then the shed before last I was just about to go up and heard movement, so I was really excited and looked in....he was in a terrible state with it all ragged around his head and not coming off clean at all. I am just so glad I was there as I was able to get him out and run him through damp towels to help him get most of it off. It was only the first third of his body that was a problem and he actually shed the last lot in my hands....an amazing feeling. Since then he has shed again and you guessed it, it was done during those couple of hours I was in bed! But a full clean shed which is all I cared about.

Its a corn conspiracy I tell you , to stop us witnessing them do such an amazing thing....'walking' out of their old skin!

quote:
Originally posted by elament

Both mine do it at night mate. They seem to be adept at working out I am out of the room. One night I stayed up and watched all night and sure enough as soon as i went to the loo Xena did the business. By the time i came back it was all over. Next time i will keep a lemonade bottle to hand lol.

I wouldnt be surprised if you do just that Elament! You will have to let us know how it goes next time one of them sheds (although we wont need all the details....you can leave out the bit that includes the lemonade bottle !!)

xxx
elament Posted - 18/07/2010 : 15:24:14
Both mine do it at night mate. They seem to be adept at working out I am out of the room. One night I stayed up and watched all night and sure enough as soon as i went to the loo Xena did the business. By the time i came back it was all over. Next time i will keep a lemonade bottle to hand lol.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 18/07/2010 : 15:12:52
quote:
Originally posted by elament

Hope so Danny like me you deserve it

Im sure we'll see the whole thing from start to finish some day. I think i am most likely to see it with Reggie, he tends to shed around 2 days after coming out of blue and normly does it in the night rather than early morning like the other 2.
elament Posted - 18/07/2010 : 15:05:46
Hope so Danny like me you deserve it
DannyBrown91 Posted - 18/07/2010 : 14:36:41
I've partially caught Reggie shedding twice, but never seen the whole thing start to finsih and have never had a glimpse of the other 2.

Rocky is currently in Blue, this will be his 1st shed with me, and since he is quite active i wonder if he'll let me wath?
elament Posted - 18/07/2010 : 14:23:00
You lot are so lucky I have had Colin since sept 09 and Xenie since january and i seen sod all lol. They seem to know when I am out of the room. I gonna camp out next to the vivs next time with a camouflage tent lol.
HannahB Posted - 18/07/2010 : 14:11:32
its great watching them shed..iv had mont shed in my hands and aura start a shed while she was out aswell
reptiledanny Posted - 18/07/2010 : 14:01:27
quote:
Originally posted by headlow

It is cool ain't it :)

Danny I've witnessed everyone of my snakes shed apart from my Royal, and she's in blue for the 1st time since I've had her

u are so lucky, the only rep i have ever witnessed shed was my gecko, but i have never seen her do it whole, first time i found her shedding form half way down, second time i had her out and she started shedding but to only half way then refused to shed any more with me present lol
n/a Posted - 18/07/2010 : 13:55:52
super cool its brilliant to watch
headlow Posted - 18/07/2010 : 13:43:20
It is cool ain't it :)

Danny I've witnessed everyone of my snakes shed apart from my Royal, and she's in blue for the 1st time since I've had her
reptiledanny Posted - 18/07/2010 : 12:53:59
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Told you!

nice one, it's pretty cool isn't it?

u lucky lucky ****, half the people on here that have kept reps for years have never seen there snake shed, me for one
hillzi Posted - 18/07/2010 : 12:51:41
Told you!

nice one, it's pretty cool isn't it?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000