The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 long shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 15/07/2010 : 19:07:48
hello winston's been shedding for a week now not to worried about that cause i no it differs from time to time what dose concern me is that i feed him a week ago, he usally poo's about 3 days after feeding but he has not been a poo for 7 days any ideas? could this be a sign of some thing else?
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 18/07/2010 : 12:48:30
lucky, u got to see a shed, alot of members on here have never seen a full shed, i have monty 2 years, and never seen him shed at all
n/a Posted - 18/07/2010 : 12:46:06
so i just got him out and he done a big poo on my carpet thanks
n/a Posted - 18/07/2010 : 12:34:25
no worries just witnessed him do a complete shed amazing
hillzi Posted - 18/07/2010 : 12:30:05
I wouldnt mate, he hasn't shed yet, bathing is only advised for exercise in case you have an overweight snake, or if he has shed has bits stuck on him still, as my snakes hate water, I avoid it at all costs.

I find a pillowcase dipped in warm water then put the snake in it more effective than just putting him in the tub, as he can rub off the retained shed inside of the pillowcase.
n/a Posted - 18/07/2010 : 11:12:49
is it time for a bath for winston?
reptiledanny Posted - 18/07/2010 : 10:46:05
monty went blue once, waited for 2 weeks, he never shed, for some reason he went blue but never shed, other times he has wiated up to 2 weeks to shed, he went blue 2 days ago, will see when he sheds
n/a Posted - 18/07/2010 : 08:57:40
day 10, whats wrong?
Kellog Posted - 18/07/2010 : 02:28:01
quote:
Originally posted by kev

day 9?

They like to keep us guessing Kev ! It will happen when Winston is ready and hopefully you will wake up to a nice clean shed any morning soon....

xxx
hillzi Posted - 17/07/2010 : 10:41:54
Lol its a long wait, I bet you'll wake up tomorrow with a nice clean shed.
n/a Posted - 17/07/2010 : 06:50:01
day 9?
n/a Posted - 17/07/2010 : 06:42:55
thanks for your positve replies cheers
Kellog Posted - 16/07/2010 : 20:28:59
quote:
Originally posted by kev

hello i had to get him out for a full inspection cause i was a bit concerned i can see tha the eyes have cleared up so should shed at any moment, but saying that he actually went for me, full hiss and every thing luckily i was to quick for him thats strange cause hes never done that befor.

Although his eyes have cleared you will still have a few days to wait before he sheds Kev....so more waiting !

His eyes may look clear but he will still be partially blind, so he was probably scared and didnt want to be handled....which is why he went for you. I dont handle or feed mine from the point of them turning blue as I want to avoid as much stress as possible....but that is a personal choice.

I am glad that his eyes have cleared so hopefully he will shed in a few days time. What you need to look out for then is him being a bit more active, then rubbing his head along the sides of his viv, hide, any branches, etc. This happens because he is trying to loosen the shed from around his jaw....and once that has loosened then it can happen very quickly! But be warned....I am convinced there is a corn-conspiracy ! They seem to wait until their owners leave the room and then slip out of their old skin and slither round quite happily in their new bright colours showing them off when their owners return to the room....with their old skin lying forlorn in the corner . Seriously though, a lot of corns shed at night and I know a number of members havent had the chance to see their corns shed....despite keeping them for a number of years. So I really do hope you get lucky and get to see your corn shed.

What is vital once he has shed is checking the shed skin for the eye caps and tail tip....as if these are retained they can cause problems. If the shed is not a clean one then you know where you can come for help.

xxx
n/a Posted - 16/07/2010 : 19:17:06
hello i had to get him out for a full inspection cause i was a bit concerned i can see tha the eyes have cleared up so should shed at any moment, but saying that he actually went for me, full hiss and every thing luckily i was to quick for him thats strange cause hes never done that befor.
n/a Posted - 16/07/2010 : 18:52:24
cheers looked in on him today and still nothing 8 days now
Kellog Posted - 16/07/2010 : 12:55:19
I've had the same thing happen with Kellog Kev....in fact his eyes went cloudy, cleared up after a few days then about a week later they went cloudy again and seemed to repeat the process - still no idea why!

Gmac is right, when they are blue they tend to hold it all in and it will probably be left as a nice package in the shed skin once he finally sheds! At least it will be easy to clean up !

Let us know how Winston gets on.

xxx
gmac Posted - 15/07/2010 : 19:35:06
it will probably poo in the shed, most of mine do
n/a Posted - 15/07/2010 : 19:25:10
cheers, do u fink it will shed then poo?
gmac Posted - 15/07/2010 : 19:10:38
some corns wont poo before they shed so dont panic.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000