The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Have you ever seen your snake poo?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Scarlett Posted - 14/07/2010 : 16:21:09
I mean like... REALLY poo? Ember was fed last night, poor thing was Blue which I didn't realise, and I figured I'd already defrosted the mice so I'd try her on them. She took them, obviously, it's Ember lol.

Then she did her ritual like post-feed poo. It was the FATTEST poo I think I've seen her do. With her tail upturned she froze, then gently lifted her tail even more. First came out the undigestable stuff like bones, then the main stuff (ick!) then some urine.

The interesting thing I found, was that I think I now know her sex for definite. It was almost like she "Popped" herself, two small nubs extended out of her as she did her business, then retracted back in as she finished and slithered off, leaving me with the mess.

It's possible she could be a he, but I'm a little more sure now! :)
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hillzi Posted - 16/07/2010 : 12:37:57
Exactly lee this is a cr*p topic...

Kellog Posted - 16/07/2010 : 12:34:14
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

Your all talking a load of s**t lol

I am surprised Kehhlyr didnt get there before you Lee !!

I am also surprised that so few people witness their snakes pooing. Think I see mine doing it every time and 95% of the time it is outside of their vivs....and like Headlow I prefer it that way.

Just wait for them to go really still, tail lifts up straight and stiff at an angle, tube extends and then I better have the kitchen roll ready to catch or I am in trouble....then I can wipe their bottoms nicely as they slither away ! The only problem is the times they catch me out !!

xxx
headlow Posted - 16/07/2010 : 12:33:33
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

lee2308 Posted - 16/07/2010 : 12:24:11
elament Posted - 16/07/2010 : 12:19:27
Colin has dumped in his water bowl a couple of times before he designated the corner as the loo. Its disgusting when they do that URK!!!!
headlow Posted - 16/07/2010 : 12:05:26
My big guy Chandler always goes to the toilet when I give him some exercise on the stairs. I sort of prefer it, cos I know he's went and it's dead easy to clean up with some kitchen roll and baby wipes. Plus I know his viv is clean :)

Interestingly my Milk snake always goes in the same place under a little rock formation in the middle of his tank, and my MBK without fail goes into his water bowl.
hiper2009 Posted - 16/07/2010 : 11:47:19
I have saw my snakes poo and its horrible !!
Sta~ple Posted - 16/07/2010 : 11:23:33
Lol. I know what you mean, I normally feel more tempted to pick it off with my fingers than give it a good soaking and rub it off.
inkiepixie Posted - 16/07/2010 : 10:51:54
Not on the really dried on stuff that she like to hide under the sodding substrate it doesn't. Blech!
Sta~ple Posted - 16/07/2010 : 10:48:30
quote:
Originally posted by inkiepixie

Luna seems to be taking great derlight in smearing her poo along the sides of her RUB these days. I have to scrape it off with my fingernails sometimes

Wet kitchen roll works lol.

I had to give Char a bath yesterday and I was worried that she had eaten and I had seen no poos in the viv. She went into a corner after a while and let massive one out! I have no idea how she could have fitted all that poo in her!
n/a Posted - 16/07/2010 : 09:03:40
I saw Sabre poo for the first time yesterday (it was her 1st one since I got her)

Was it in the viv? No. Of course she saved it for when I was holding her.....greeeeeat! lol!
reptiledanny Posted - 16/07/2010 : 08:49:57
quote:
Originally posted by inkiepixie

I think the white poweder stuff is urates rather than bone.

Luna seems to be taking great derlight in smearing her poo along the sides of her RUB these days. I have to scrape it off with my fingernails sometimes

ewww. y not use something else monty just poos in his cold side just behind his wood, it doesn't touch anything, just on substrate, so all i have to do is get my dog poo bag and pick it up, although ot does make the cage stink worst one, i smelt something in cage, found the poo, went to pick it up and it was still all mushy, it was awful
inkiepixie Posted - 16/07/2010 : 08:35:59
I think the white poweder stuff is urates rather than bone.

Scarlett Posted - 15/07/2010 : 16:30:26
I'm the same Sta~ple, I suppose it's possible "she" half popped herself, so I'll wait until the time comes to get her sexed lol.

I always assumed that the white powdery stuff was bone they hadn't digested Mike?

It's weird that some lift their tails and others don't lol. Yet another quirk to look out for.
Sta~ple Posted - 15/07/2010 : 13:09:31
Haha nice. Mine have a habit of pooing on their nice new plants at the moment or on there cork bark hides. I wish they would poo on the resin ones instead as they are easier to clean than cork. Sometimes my snakes have little curly poos but I'm guessing that's the hair that makes it look like that.

Yes I have but I have only ever seen the tail raising once in all 8/9 years of keeping them! It was Char, she looked at me, lifted her tail up and slithered around to a suitable spot in the corner to do her business and then wiped her bum on the water bowel afterwards, tail still up! She's also pooed on my b/f the first time he came to my house.

I have notice one if my snake's kinda popping when he/she musked once. I only saw 2 little pink dots so I would assume its female but it could always be male.
hillzi Posted - 15/07/2010 : 11:53:09
quote:
Originally posted by elament

Colin is a funny one he always poos in his viv in the same place in the corner behind his warm hide. Think he has designated it the toilet whereas Xena just drops em where she feels like it.

Yeah same with my big lad, and then the glass steams up..

But sometimes they do have a habbit of opening the back door where ever they may be.
mikerichards Posted - 15/07/2010 : 10:45:41
Snakes digest the bones, so it wont be them coming out, thats how they get their calcium!!
Its also impossible to tell sex from that scenario, females can half pop also, so you cant make an assumption from that situation!
Fal Posted - 15/07/2010 : 09:01:42
Bella gets a 30-60sec bath 48hours after eating so 95% time goes in the bath rather than the viv. This was because her first or second poo after we got her (can't remember which) took about 4/5 days to come. So, the week after we helped her with the bath and within 30sec in the water she pooped. She's removed as soon as she's done it and all's good. We decided to carry on doing it and have ever since. We left her once out of curiosity to see if she'd manage on her own, but 5days later she looked bloated and so we bathed her, producing the largest poo i'd seen yet. Her temps are correct and she has a hide in warm and cool end, so its not that she can't warm enough to digest and pass the poo, and it looks 'normal' when it comes out, she just seems to struggle on her own, so the bathing continues. Helps her, and helps us making it easier cleaning.
elament Posted - 15/07/2010 : 08:30:22
I too have witnessed one of mine doing the buisness (on my OH ha ha) and it was the same although I cant say I noticed anything popping out. Colin is a funny one he always poos in his viv in the same place in the corner behind his warm hide. Think he has designated it the toilet whereas Xena just drops em where she feels like it.
inkiepixie Posted - 15/07/2010 : 08:20:01
I find the way they raise their tails to poo so funny; like a delicate lady drinking her tea with her pinky sticking out.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000