The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 upgrading TaLulas home - help needed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mikeyd_26 Posted - 27/06/2010 : 23:19:44
ive kept records of TaLula - when her first shed with me was, feeding and pooping but not of length ive just measured her and she's 18.2 inches long - but living in a 12x6 faun. how urgent is it that i upgrade her? and were can i get a cheap but bigger viv (around 2ft in length until i can afford her finalised home)
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
herriotfan Posted - 28/06/2010 : 00:15:42
Hey, course you want the best!! Don't panic, you have a bit of time to browse and find a viv at a good price. Try looking on ebay and other second-hand sites. Like Danny said a 3ft viv is a better idea than a 2ft because it should, hopefully, last forever. And as Danny said you can divide it into a smaller viv until you need the full 3ft. At least by doing that you only have to buy once. Good luck with your search....
mikeyd_26 Posted - 28/06/2010 : 00:05:49
phheww! i was worried thanks for the info just want her to have the best life poss
DannyBrown91 Posted - 27/06/2010 : 23:37:00
Its not massivelly urgent, but i would start looking for a new bigger home for him and start getting it ready when you can.

You probably don't want to go out buying a 2ft wooden viv, only to have to buy a 3ft one in a few months time But what you could do is buy a 3ft viv and partition it, then extend as your corn grows.

Another option would be to buy a RUB or something similar.

These can be bought in varius shops and come in various different sizes so there will certainly be one suitable. I recently bought one for my Boa from Staples but they can be bought on the internet from the really useful products website or from similar shops. I think Wilkinsons may also stock them or something similar.

I am at the same point with Reggie, he has just about outgrown his current home (Large Flat Faunarium) Being around 26-27 inches long and will likely be buying him a viv in the next couple of weeks.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000