The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Hi all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fernando Pierre Posted - 24/06/2010 : 17:54:31
Hi every one i am now getting my 3rd snakie!
I just wanted to know can a milk (cuz i am getting a milk female) stay together with a Corn Female?
I do know that 2 females can stay together but not sure about 2 females of different speciace.
i realy hope they can thnks and rgds
Fernando.

(sorry for the spelling errors)
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 28/06/2010 : 04:22:57
quote:
Originally posted by Fernando Pierre

hi every1 i am acutly goin to get another corn female to co-habit with each other (both females)
thnks for all the help and things!

Will your new corn be the same age and size as the female corn you already have Fernando? There are a lot of dangers with co-habiting corns and it is something that you should not really do.

If you read this thread you will see what the dangers are and how emotional people get about it. I know it is long and a lot of it has to do with putting corns of different sexes together....but please take the time to read it before you decide to put your new corn in with your old one. http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1070

Just remember that in the wild corns would not live together, they would stay as far away from other corns as possible until it is time for mating....so should you make your corns live together when they wouldnt normally?

xxx
Fernando Pierre Posted - 24/06/2010 : 22:24:25
hi every1 i am acutly goin to get another corn female to co-habit with each other (both females)
thnks for all the help and things!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 24/06/2010 : 19:36:33
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

With other kings yes..............

Sorry, but with other kings, no.
Whereas Corns tend to have more cannibalistic tendencies when younger Kings are named Kings for a very sensible reason. At ANY given time they could decide to try to eat another snake. Regardless of breed, size and how long they've been together.

I've know someone keep Kings co-habited for years, then one day woken up to only 1 VERY fat king, which was actually the one that was slightly smaller.
Kings are not always the most intelligent of snakes, the amount of times you can hear of them trying to eat their own tails is amazing.

Ahh right. I don't know much about kings i just presumed that since the OP said that kings could be co-habitted that was only with other kings.

Thanks for that though kehhlyr.

Edit: i read a bit quickly, he was asking if kings could be co habbited, my bad.
Kehhlyr Posted - 24/06/2010 : 18:31:24
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

With other kings yes..............

Sorry, but with other kings, no.
Whereas Corns tend to have more cannibalistic tendencies when younger Kings are named Kings for a very sensible reason. At ANY given time they could decide to try to eat another snake. Regardless of breed, size and how long they've been together.

I've know someone keep Kings co-habited for years, then one day woken up to only 1 VERY fat king, which was actually the one that was slightly smaller.
Kings are not always the most intelligent of snakes, the amount of times you can hear of them trying to eat their own tails is amazing.
Fernando Pierre Posted - 24/06/2010 : 18:30:35
ok thnks guys !
DannyBrown91 Posted - 24/06/2010 : 18:25:42
With other kings yes, milks would probably be fine with other milks. just not with corns.

King snakes are also canibalistic, i don't know wether they would eat rat/corn snakes, i just know that in the wild they eat other snakes, mainly rattlers but i wouldn't risk it.

Idon't think that any 2 seperate snake species should be cohabbited.

Edit: have a little look at this thread http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10314 it may be of some use to you.
Fernando Pierre Posted - 24/06/2010 : 18:22:43
okay but wat about a king snake apparty they can co-habit?
DannyBrown91 Posted - 24/06/2010 : 18:15:16
Nope you shouldn't really co-habit different species what so ever but i read milks are canibalistic so i wouldn't co-habit them at all.
crazy JJ Posted - 24/06/2010 : 18:01:13
heya...

erm i have never had a milk snake bt i prob wouldnt recommend co-habbiting a completly diffo species, yes you can have 2 female corns together (even if its not recomended) but i dont think you can with milks n defo not with milk n a corn

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000