The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Decorative Paper

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MarkSue Posted - 23/06/2010 : 21:45:23
Hi guys and girls. Need a bit of advice on viv decoration. Iv got some backing paper (the sort you get for fish tanks) and want to know the best way to fix it up.

Thanks.
Mark.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MarkSue Posted - 25/06/2010 : 19:11:53
well iv gone with prit-stick glue and if its still stuck in the morning i can seal it with the aquarium sealant. if i get time i`ll stick a picture up
Kehhlyr Posted - 25/06/2010 : 00:31:33
If they're not going in it for some time, then I'd use aquarium sealant.
It's a bit more pricey than carpet glue, but is safe once it has gone off and the fumes have disappated, plus it's water proof.
A lot of carpet glues can be water based which means a small amount of condensation or dampness could 'unstick' the glue.
MarkSue Posted - 24/06/2010 : 21:39:27
Its a wood/chipboard viv, actually its an old wardrobe that iv made into 3 sections. So the paper will go on the back and sides. The snakes wont be going in for sometime yet, so will any glue (was thinking about carpet glue) be ok to use?
Kehhlyr Posted - 23/06/2010 : 23:26:19
Also is the viv glass or wood?
If it's glass, then it's easy. Blu-tack on the outside. However Gregs friends way of doing it is brilliant, I shall claim that I am the friend that gave him the idea.
gregDT Posted - 23/06/2010 : 22:23:16
I had a friend who did this, not for reptiles though. He's a bit handy with the DIY and he got a cheap piece of clear perspex, cut to the exact size of his vivarium's back wall and screwed it to the wall. However before he did he covered the perspex is a large piece of paper with a jungle scene on it. So now the paper is sandwiched between the back wall of the vivarium and the perspex sheet. He can wipe down the walls without ruining the picture and each month during the big clean out he can (but doesn't) change the 'wallpaper'. A bit of overkill IMHO but it certainly looks nice and the Degu's (small rodents) that live there cannot eat the paper. Might be an idea if you plan to make the background a permanent fixture?
Mouse Posted - 23/06/2010 : 22:00:51
poss double sided tape underneath, and then seal it on with aquarium sealent.?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000