The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Tricky problem climber

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
elament Posted - 19/06/2010 : 11:45:15
Got a bit of a problem that some of you brainboxes might be able to help with. Xena has started climbing and when I say climbing I mean for real. She even climbs up the wires for the thermostat and mat and hangs there with her head hanging out like some kind of tree viper or something. Trouble is she has quite a tall viv its 24" high and right at the top at the back there is a tiny ledge where the vent runs all the way across the back. She extends herself and somehow (god knows how) manages to climb up the sheer face of the back of the viv and goes along the tiny ledge where the vent is. Trouble is I am concerned because she keeps falling off the ledge and its a bit of a drop to the viv floor below. So far she hasnt hurt herself but i worry she might. Any ideas how I can stop her??
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
elament Posted - 20/06/2010 : 12:00:22
Thanks guys the vine thing done the trick lovely.
kdlang Posted - 19/06/2010 : 21:49:45
great minds eh Danny. :D
reptiledanny Posted - 19/06/2010 : 20:19:50
i thought of it first
kdlang Posted - 19/06/2010 : 14:51:28
I was thinking maybe use some of those vines and some greenery intertwined in it to create some sort of hammock that will break her fall or cushion it a bit.
reptiledanny Posted - 19/06/2010 : 13:53:48
you could maybe get some of the ivy vine from dunelm mill or a fake plant and out that going across the viv just below the vent so if she falls she will get caught in that, plus it gives her something else to climb on maybe instead of the vent. get two and then she has more to play with.

http://www.dunelm-mill.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product1_11100_-1_51531_10551

or

http://www.dunelm-mill.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product1_11100_-1_51529_10551
elament Posted - 19/06/2010 : 13:23:38
Looked at fixing a thicker shelf and without going into too much detail about the viv it just isnt possible unless I use glue and I cant do that with her in there. Like the vine idea tho. I am looking at ways today I can rearrange the viv somehow. I know I wont be able to stop her I just need a way to make it safer for her.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 19/06/2010 : 12:59:28
Don't know how you could stop her but what about putting some thin wood up the top to extend the ledge. so rather than stop her climbing just make it easier to stay on redusing the risk of her falling off and injuring herself.

Or maybe put a rope or an exo terra vine upthere so she can slither along that aswell.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000