The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 non feeder success!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eeji Posted - 19/06/2010 : 00:18:01
my last non feeder from 09 finally ate on her own for the first time tonight! She's such a tiny little thing who has needed help eating ever since she arrived here.
For the last few months she's not even tried to eat on her own but as soon as the mouse is helped into her mouth she's eaten so she slowly improved.

Fingers crossed that she eats her next meal and we can get some weight onto her :)
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 22/06/2010 : 04:08:10
quote:
Originally posted by KITTYCAT

........wish i could say the same about diesel 9mths on im still force feeding though it is becoming alot easier, i just live n hope........

Oh Kittycat, I am sorry that you are still having to force feed Diesel, but the fact that it is becoming a lot easier must be positive and encourage you that he will get there in the end. You are amazing the way you have stuck with it and not given up on him.

xxx
KITTYCAT Posted - 21/06/2010 : 16:55:37
nice one bet your relieved.wish i could say the same about diesel 9mths on im still force feeding though it is becoming alot easier, i just live n hope. keep us posted or her progress
n/a Posted - 20/06/2010 : 12:23:01
that must be such a relief for you that she has actually eaten on her own. i am really happy for you. well done :)
crazy JJ Posted - 20/06/2010 : 01:41:04
thats great news :D hopefully she will eat all on her ownmi know it might be a while but at least she is trying now :D
herriotfan Posted - 19/06/2010 : 18:22:19
That's really good to hear. Hope things go from strength to strength ....... keep up the good work little snakey!!
reptiledanny Posted - 19/06/2010 : 17:54:33
well done eeji, and well done snakey

congrats, hope she continuos to feed
HannahB Posted - 19/06/2010 : 17:37:03
thats great - its always a relief when they start to make an effort themselves
hope she continues to improve :
kdlang Posted - 19/06/2010 : 14:53:51
That is wonderful news eej. Just goes to show how you should never give up. I hope she continues to improve and amaze you all
Sta~ple Posted - 19/06/2010 : 11:21:19
Awwww that's great :)
elament Posted - 19/06/2010 : 10:34:10
As you know eeji I went through the same thing with Xena. It was seven months before she ate and now she is a proper dustbin and will have a go at anything you put in front of her so there is light at the end of the tunnel and I hope your little one turns into another snake pig like mine has. Good luck mate and well done for getting this far.
mozacchio Posted - 19/06/2010 : 09:40:18
Good news..!
Keep us updated!
Kellog Posted - 19/06/2010 : 04:57:00
That is fantastic news Eeji, a great relief for you and an encouragement for those who are facing what you faced with her. I know you are realistic and I do hope that she responds in the same way the next time you feed her....but even if she doesnt at least you know she can and will hopefully do so again soon.

You show true dedication to your snakes Ian, to have worked so long and hard to get her feeding instead of giving her up as a lost cause....they are blessed to have you as their owner and breeder.

xxx
DannyBrown91 Posted - 19/06/2010 : 00:30:17
Nice one eeji, sounds promising, hope she takes the next one for you...
gmac Posted - 19/06/2010 : 00:19:05
nice one Eeji, fingers crossed for you mate

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000