The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Snakie baths?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 16/06/2010 : 16:15:52
Hi just had a very kind offer from hiper. Can you gives snakes baths in the sink or in actually bath?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 17/06/2010 : 03:34:55
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

........whereas an adult corn would have a poo the size of a really small dog, like a cat........

Slight exaggeration ReptileDanny ....an adults poo is about the size of a very big sea-gull's poo probably, whereas a baby corn's poo can be hard to find in the substrate. The snake will either poo in their viv, in which case you need to find it to clean it out....or will poo when you are handling it, as the activity causes them to do it. As Fal has said, if they have a problem pooing then you can put them in a bath.

When they poo depends on what they are eating and how fast they are growing....as they poo out what is left of the food that they dont need. Because you feed different aged corns different sized mice and have different amounts of time between feeding them (a hatchling feeds on pinkies every 5 days, my adult feeds on jumbo mice every fortnight) you cannot say exactly how often 'a snake' will poo. My adults usually do 2 or 3 poos between their meals, with the first 1 being 2 days after they have eaten.

As has already been said, you dont put a corn in water unless you really have to....it can cause them to get ill. And when you do it you must be very careful about the temperature of the water, the depth and controlling the corn as often it will not want to be there and will fight you.

xxx

Fal Posted - 16/06/2010 : 22:32:39
Bella tends to poo about two/three days after feeding and thats it, where as my brothers king snake can poo the later the same day as feeding, then once or twice again that week (much to his frustration lol).

We bath Bella every week, two days after feeding and have done since we got her 4/5 months ago. We only make it shallow and 'baby' warm and we do this so she poo's in there instead of her faunarium. It never takes her more than 30secs to go once in the water and as soon as she has poo'd she comes straight back out again.

We also bathed her with a lil bit of olive oil when we descovered mites on her (couple of weeks after buying her). We did this 2/3 times over same amount of weeks accompanied by a full faun clean etc.. and successfully got rid of the mites :) + she needed bathing to get the end of her tail off when she shed as it hadn't come off properly.

Jon
gmac Posted - 16/06/2010 : 19:03:11
generally a few days after a feed it will poo, but not that uncommon for a few poo's a week
n/a Posted - 16/06/2010 : 18:59:18
Ok do they do a poo once a week or is it like a snail or cat poos every day...?
gmac Posted - 16/06/2010 : 18:54:26
The corns poo's arent very large at all and cleans up in seconds anyway.

*edited cause im a muppet*
reptiledanny Posted - 16/06/2010 : 18:49:21
it depends on the snake and the size of the snake and what they are feeding on. a 5ft python for exapmple a royal python would ahve a poo the size of a small dog whereas an adult corn would have a poo the size of a really small dog, like a cat, but a baby corn will have a poo the size of few rabbit droppings. *goes off to see if he can find some pics of poo * unlucky with photos un fortunatly. sorry

DannyBrown91 Posted - 16/06/2010 : 18:44:59
Depends on the size of the food.
n/a Posted - 16/06/2010 : 18:39:10
how big are snake poops i heard they were massive...?
hiper2009 Posted - 16/06/2010 : 16:39:44
You can give a snakey a bath in the bath tub but make sure you messure the water temp with a digi thermometer and only put enough water in there like a puddle.

Also don't forget to wash out your bath tub before you put snake in there due from the soaps and stuff.

You only need to bath for max 5mins as the water temp will start to drop.

Also Best to only bath if they are having problems shedding or pooing.

Some snakes can bite you when putting them in to the water depends if your snakey likes water or not. Hope this has answered your questions.

Edited : Spelling Mistake.
reptiledanny Posted - 16/06/2010 : 16:32:48
only if either they are not pooing or have a bad shed, as the bath helps both
n/a Posted - 16/06/2010 : 16:30:58
ok so they dont have baths only after a shed or bad sed
DannyBrown91 Posted - 16/06/2010 : 16:24:16
You can give corns baths but only as a last resort after a bad shed as it can stress them.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000