The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Moving house

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
inkiepixie Posted - 13/06/2010 : 18:05:03
Luna has just moved house, from her little faun to a nice big RUB. She has some of her old furniture but some new stuff as well and has curled up inside one of her old hides after an hour or so of inspection. Should I now leave her alone for a week, like you do with new snakes?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 17/06/2010 : 04:17:41
quote:
Originally posted by inkiepixie

quote:
(did you realise Bella Luna was a song by Jason Mraz?)

Nope! They're named after Harry Potter characters As will new snake... yes she's already been named! Slightly more obscure this time though; she's going to be named Alice. Alice Longbottom was Neville's mother ........

I guessed they were the Harry Potter characters Jac, but just found it funny that they also both appeared in a song ....lovely lyrics as well .

I remember Alice, such a good witch and Auror but tortured so horrifically....poor Neville suffered so much but turned out so strong....Alice would have been proud of him. A good name !

Glad Luna is so obviously settling in well and that the move for Bella is imminent.

You are still counting down those days, hours and minutes til Alice arrives home....not long now !!

xxx
Mouse Posted - 16/06/2010 : 09:41:19
I went to Dunhelms site. They were having a fake plant sale. I may have gone a bit ott.

*Hangs head and shuffles off to make the viv's look pretty!*
inkiepixie Posted - 16/06/2010 : 07:44:42
quote:

Nope! They're named after Harry Potter characters As will new snake... yes she's already been named! Slightly more obscure this time though; she's going to be named Alice. Alice Longbottom was Neville's mother

Bella shed overnight as well, so new house is imminent for her too, yay. I got Luna out last night for a little "cuddle" and she was as placid as ever, so looks like she's settled in nicely now as well.
Kellog Posted - 16/06/2010 : 03:18:05
quote:
Originally posted by inkiepixie

........Everyone is moving house to make way for the new golddust who arrives on Sunday! ::jigs with excitement::

I can just imagine that you are counting the days, hours, minutes and seconds until Sunday ....I know I am really excited about seeing pics of your gold-dust ! Have you picked a name for it yet? Something that goes with Bella and Luna....

Mystery the moon, A hole in the sky
A supernatural nightlight, So full but often right
A pair of eyes a closing one, A chosen child in golden sun
A marble dog that chases cars
To farthest reaches of the beach and far beyond into the swimming sea of stars

The cosmic fish they love to kiss
They're giving birth to constellations
No riffs and oh no reservation
If they should fall you get a wish or dedication
May I suggest you get the best
For nothing less than you and I
Let's take a chance as this romance is rising over before we lose the lighting
Oh bella bella please
Bella you beautiful luna
Oh bella do what you do

........Intertwining like a ring around the finger, of a girl
I'm just a singer, you're the world
All I can bring ya, Is the language of a lover
Bella luna, my beautiful beautiful moon
How you swoon me like no other

xxx
Sta~ple Posted - 14/06/2010 : 10:31:24
I popped my wood that I got from Dunehelm mills and my snakies have been fine with it >.<
inkiepixie Posted - 14/06/2010 : 10:13:14
I got plants as well! I got a whopping great piece of "ivy" that can be used to decorate three houses now. The driftwood is for when Bellatrix moves up to her old vivarium*. She's in blue at the moment and very grumpy about it as well (that's my girl) so I'm leaving her for a couple of days yet.

Everyone is moving house to make way for the new golddust who arrives on Sunday! ::jigs with excitement::

*Bella arrived with two houses, but the vivarium was just far too big for her as she wasn't even a yearling at the time. She's about the right size for it now, so she'll move up when she's shed. If she ever does...she always takes her bloody time about these things *sigh*
Kellog Posted - 14/06/2010 : 04:26:40
I dont think you need to leave Luna for the full week Jac....but definitely for a few days to let her have time to settle in to her new home. It is great that you have put in some of her old stuff from her faun so she has her own smells about her....but it is still a new and bigger space with new additions, like the driftwood, so she does have a bit to get used to.

Have never used shop bought wood, only wild wood....but I would have thought that Nottm is right, just ensure that it is well scrubbed with a reptile disinfectant if you have one, or boil it as he says. I know others have bought wood from Dunelm and havent had any problems. I love the way you go in to buy some plants and walk out with wood !

Definitely need pics asap ! I am sure she will be very happy in her nice new RUB.

xxx
n/a Posted - 13/06/2010 : 19:25:32
Hi yes I would give her a few days at least to get used to her new home just to be on the safe side. If I buy wood from a shop then I just soak it in boiling water for an hour then leave it to dry for a couple of hours before putting it in. I dont go to the trouble of baking or bleaching and I have had no problems what so ever with mine. That is for shop bought wood only you understand, if I was to put what I call garden wood in then I would soak for a couple of days then bake for a couple of hours. Hope that is of use to you. Do we get photos of the new home???
inkiepixie Posted - 13/06/2010 : 18:06:49
Oh yeah, I also bought a piece of driftwood from Dunelm (went in to buy some fake plants) - should I treat it the same as any old wood from outside, or is it OK as it is?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000