The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Mice Size Photos?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tatsie-j Posted - 06/06/2010 : 19:44:50
just an idea ive had wondering if we could get a photo post with the different size mice lined up next 2 each other? by one of the expert keepers with different sizes of snakes?? just ive noticed different sizes get called different things just feel this would be really helpful if its possible?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 10/06/2010 : 20:46:12
Great reply to this topic. I'm a fairly new snake keeper myself and looking at the pics i suppose sometimes when i ask for a batch of fuzzies from my rep shop a few hoppers are in their. Will be keeping a better eye out in the future.
Sta~ple Posted - 10/06/2010 : 12:42:44
Fuzzy is the second mouse. They are big pinkies with some hair on them :p

I never weigh my snake food but I do pick them buy size. I have noticed that petscorner that now sell frozen foods have the mice in like little packets like sausages and they all look a good very simiular size and weight.
crazy JJ Posted - 10/06/2010 : 11:48:55
i have never weighed my snakies food (lol i'll be there all day haha) but i have worked out n hope im right in thinking the 2nd one is a fuzzie in the pic and then hopper, small, med, large xtra large i think :D athough having said that my local rep shop dont do hoppers, they go straight 2 small but i honestly don't see much difo in the pic anyways :D
Kellog Posted - 10/06/2010 : 09:20:41
quote:
Originally posted by Tatsie-j

in the mouse picture what r the fuzzies the 2nd or 3rd mouse??? im so glad of this forum! i weighed my pinkies 2nite the smaller 1s ive been doubling up only weigh 1-2grams the bigger pinkies r 3-4grams i feel really bad!!

Cant answer your question about which in the pic is the fuzzy, but if you click on my link it has the fuzzy indicated. I must admit I cant tell whether the fuzzy would be the 2nd or 3rd mouse in Jay's pic.

You mustnt feel bad Natalie....I would never have thought about weighing my mice except for once I had seen the guide on here, and they differ so much in shops - as I said, in one shop their medium mice weigh the same as the large mice in another shop. It is so frustrating.

I doubt many owners weigh their mice and their snakes come to no harm from it....so I am sure that Zebedee, Coraline and Bailey havent suffered at all in your care !

xxx
Tatsie-j Posted - 08/06/2010 : 20:48:31
in the mouse picture what r the fuzzies the 2nd or 3rd mouse??? im so glad of this forum! i weighed my pinkies 2nite the smaller 1s ive been doubling up only weigh 1-2grams the bigger pinkies r 3-4grams i feel really bad!!
Kellog Posted - 08/06/2010 : 04:33:18
I have had the same problem when buying from 2 different shops, Silvesta has been feeding on 2 medium mice and went and send OH to buy some large to move him up, when he came home and I weighed them they were the same weight as most of the mediums! It is why I am going to become one of those customers that pet shops hate and get them to weigh the mice I want to buy!

I have the same tables as Jay93 put up but a different pic....(which I cant get seem to copy and paste....but this is it with a ruler for scale - http://www.canberraexotics.com.au/admin/photos/frozen%20mouse%20chart.jpg

It is one reason I like having the weight guide....not so much to guide me as to what to feed my snakes but more as to what weight I am looking for:

Snake (4 – 15g) = 1 Pinkie (0.5 – 3g) - feed every 5 to 6 days
Snake (16 – 23g) = 2 pinkies (3 – 4g) - feed every 5 to 6 days
Snake (24 – 30g) = small fuzzy (3 – 6g) - feed every 6 to 7 days
Snake (30 – 50g) = fuzzy (7 – 9g) - feed every 6 to 7 days
Snake (51 – 90g) = fluff/hoppers (7 – 12g) - feed every 6 to 7 days
Snake (91-170g) = Small Adult/Weaned (13-18g) - feed every 7 days
Snake (170g+) = Large (19 to 25g) - feed every 7 to x days
Snake (170+) = X large (30g +) - feed every 10 to x days

In this it differentiates between a small fuzzy and a normal fuzzy, which Jay's guide doesnt. I think that fluffs/hoppers can also be called crawlers.

I do wish it would be more regularised, cos even if you know what you are looking at so often they are so squished out of shape due to being frozen it is hard to judge the difference.

xxx
Sta~ple Posted - 07/06/2010 : 15:50:39
STICCCCCCCKKYYYYY!

What size is a medium and small mouse in that list? Seemes werid to have some called large and some extra large but no small or medium. maybe if it makes oit to staicky have the altrenative names for the sizes as lots of places all them different stuff.
crazy JJ Posted - 07/06/2010 : 13:46:21
quote:
This is a super guide. Sticky maybe mods??

just what i was thinking
herriotfan Posted - 07/06/2010 : 10:13:13
This is a super guide. Sticky maybe mods??
Tatsie-j Posted - 06/06/2010 : 20:02:06
i thought there had 2 be a stage between when i put a pinkie next 2 it! as it goes my 2 snakes that had the fuzzies took them fine but i was slightly worried going 2 go 2 a different shop next time n c if i can get some smaller 1s!
n/a Posted - 06/06/2010 : 19:58:59
we got one shop like that too tatsie. gave us much bigger than houdi was ready for in bag with regualar fuzzies
Tatsie-j Posted - 06/06/2010 : 19:52:19
thanx very helpful!!! the shop i brought my 'fuzzies' from were more hopper size just wanted a rough guide so i could see what size i should be buying
n/a Posted - 06/06/2010 : 19:46:24

From RFUK

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000