The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Reptile Shows & Meetings
 Reptile Shows/Show Dates
 Planning for Donny

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DTW Posted - 27/08/2011 : 20:52:30
We are planning our trip to Doncaster and have decided the best way to do it would be to arrive early and go straight to finding what we want since we know what we are looking for and then we have the rest of the day to just wander around and enjoy :)

So to anyone who's been before is there any particular ppl/breeders we should be looking out for there? Can't wait to get there and see some cool stuff and hopefully meet some cool ppl :)
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Simmy_82 Posted - 30/08/2011 : 14:12:09
Was a young chap i spoke to when i got my corn. Probs a weekend staff person as he went to ask about the other carolinas and wasnt very confident handling snakes yet. Other two were talking in the corner i think.
gingerpony Posted - 30/08/2011 : 13:42:03
PFT leeds is cool fully recommend that shop, Tom and Martin in the rep section are brilliant
Simmy_82 Posted - 30/08/2011 : 13:38:08
I noticed this when i went to Paws for Thought in Leeds. They only had the one Carolina Corn on the shop floor and 3 other hatchie/younglings. He said the others were available to buy as they we having feeding issues with them since they got them from the breeder etc hence why they werent on show. Its good to know there are honest folk still out there.
ADZUK2007 Posted - 30/08/2011 : 13:31:19
I bought me snake from a breeder, he was fantastic and had all the non feeders and problematice hatchiling seperate, he made it clear that they are not for sale, which made me respect the guy, he also had all the snakes numbered and all feeding recoreds stuck to the tubs, this showed when they where born what weight the pinkkies where when fed and so on.
DTW Posted - 28/08/2011 : 12:36:14
Ye I don't like the sound of that either, non feeders is one thing but u know what u getting yourself into with those birth defects I'm guessing can effect more than just the snakes appearance and selling these when u have no real idea what could be wrong is not on really
gingerpony Posted - 28/08/2011 : 12:27:02
to be fair, they're not people i've had bad experiences with, just people who's ethics i don't like or who, having met them socially, i don't like and think they full of ****

i really don't like the 'give a special corn a special home' brigade - the worst introduction i can think of to snake keeping is taking on a 'special' corn that dies in the first month that you've had it. not because the new owner has done anything wrong but because it had a birth defect. people seem to still want to profit from these unfortunate deformed hatchies when euthanasia is really the kindest (but much less profitable) action.

/rant
DTW Posted - 28/08/2011 : 10:56:12
I'll check all of those out thanks :)

I'm guessing u don't want to name the breeders you have had bad experiences with?
gingerpony Posted - 28/08/2011 : 08:06:16
AC Snakes are good too, we've bought off them 2 years running

biglad from on here usually has a table, i'd recommend him without any hesitation we've had 3 off him in the past, all stunners! lovely snakes and lovely bloke

Cymru Corns is Doogle from on here

Procorns is AdsClark and VetDebbie from here

there are 2 stands very likely to be there selling corns that i will avoid like the plague though!
Lixra Posted - 27/08/2011 : 21:53:15
Multicorn, Procorns, Cymru Corns and Clancorns will have a table and I shall be visiting all of them

KevChandler off of here I believe has a table as well and he's had some very nice stuff hatch out recently!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000