The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 New viv or no new viv

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lisa west lothian Posted - 30/07/2013 : 00:40:59
Right looking for advice been looking into changing my vivs to suit the new colour scheme of my Livingroom yes it's a woman thing lol , it is proving rather hard tho to find black vivs so looked into getting one built that proving pretty hard too, not very handy so building one myself is out the window so had a brainwave tonight have 3 perfectly good vivs here all 3ft all viv exotic stackable vivs but they are 3 Different colours and that no good so is there anyway of changing the colour of them and it still being safe for my babies
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lee Posted - 30/07/2013 : 22:22:51
excellent, I think matt black would look cool.
Lisa west lothian Posted - 30/07/2013 : 21:19:05
Thank you everyone for the advice think I'm gonna go for vinyl and thanks you for the tips how to do it and also the link to get it project vinyl vivs will be under go ASAP will post pics of the progress
Boomslang Posted - 30/07/2013 : 15:22:48
There are afew viv makers that make black vivs.Can't remember who as i looked awhile ago.They do seem to charge more for them in black etc.
Lee Posted - 30/07/2013 : 11:25:42
A top tip as well is to use a hairdryer on the vinyl to shrink it a little around edges and corners, use a sponge to smooth it on.
Callazagy Posted - 30/07/2013 : 11:15:57
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/vinyldepot/_i.html?_nkw=black&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Loads of black sticky vinyl here, that's where I get my stuff from for my projects. Very easy to put on, I,d dismantle the vivs and wrap the vinyl over for nice clean edges. The edges of the vinyl won't come unstuck but they can be hidden just in the viv joints for piece of mind.
Lee Posted - 30/07/2013 : 10:31:05
You could try wallpapering the outside, it's been done before or use 7 year sign vinyl (ebay has loads) which is available in many colours and is waterproof, just sticks on.
I was looking on Ikea website last night and they do a bookcase for £35 6 shelves 80cm wide and was thinking of getting one to turn into small vivs for my babies, some runners and vents would be another £30, some sealant and woodglue to seal each one and either glass or Perspex doors. A heat cable could be used instead of separate mats. I bet it could be done easily for around £100.
Moppet Posted - 30/07/2013 : 08:15:33
Varnish for yachts is safe to use on corn snake vivs. It is non toxic once completely dry
coxymk2 Posted - 30/07/2013 : 07:37:25
I cant remember who it was recently somebody built their own viv using mdf and covered it with fablon and it looked really smart if you check through the diy posts am sure you will find it hope this helps

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000